15-♫-Stuck

♫-Chapter- 15

            My eyes widen in terror, as the trunk door swings open making me face the flaming dragon named Maria before me.

            “What are you doing here?” She shrieks.

            “What are you doing here?” I mumble crossly, rubbing my stomach and head.

            Due to Teegan’s expect driving, when he pulled the car to the steep side, all the luggage and baggage that was stack up toppled onto me and me, being the jumpy person I am, I screamed.

            And that is how we got to this situation where everyone is standing behind Maria, staring at me curled up in the back seat.

            I sit up slowly, setting boxes aside.

            “Here,” Teegan says, steeping forward and extending his hand for me to take.

            I take his hand, placing a foot on the ground to get up when Maria growls and pushes Teegan’s arm away from mine so our hands disconnect.

            I make a muffled sound, wincing and waiting for pain as I fall back trying to regain my balance with one foot on the ground and one foot stuck between suitcases.

            “What the heck is your problem” Zach yells at Maria as he lunges forward and grabs me around the waist, preventing me from falling all the way back. I smack my head against the window and wince.

            “Yeah, okay. I’m getting up now,” I mutter, standing up and stretching, my muscles aching.

            “Stop,” Teegan, says annoyed as Maria clutches him to her.

            Maria pouts, crossing her arms and glaring at me. “Why were you hiding? You shouldn’t even be here in the first place.”

            I throw her an exasperated look. “I was the first one invited. You came uninvited.”

            My mouth was running off of my cranky, bitter feelings of having to be cooped up in the back seat.

            Maria’s eyes widen at my retort before she steps forward. “Listen here you bitc-“

            “You’re being embarrassing Teegan whispers angrily to Maria as he grabs her arm so she doesn’t step forward anymore. His eyes darken to a deep silver gray.

            Maria furiously looks between Teegan and I before ripping her arm from Teegan’s and stomping off to a curb a couple feet away.

            “I’ll talk to her,’ Tro offers, throwing me a cryptic glance.

            We all watch as Tro approaches Maria, sitting beside her on the curb.

            “We should probably fix this truck so we can get going,” Zach mumbles, pinching the bridge of his nose as she shifts through the trunk looking for a repair kit.

            Trey meekly follows Zach, tossing boxes aside.

            Just as I step forward to help, Teegan catches my hand, pulling me slightly to him. My eyes widen as he stares at me intently, studying my face.

            “Are you hurt?” He asks me, his voice low and serious.

            I feel myself getting nervous at his serious antics. He was rarely like this.