Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Spring Break was over and I had to go back to school. I spent most of my Spring Break in my bedroom either sleeping, watching movies, or crying. I never thought that I would ever cry over a guy before, but there I was. I never liked anyone as much as Grayson before. Sure, he was the bad boy of my school, but he was very sweet towards me. I never had someone treat me the way he had been treating me.

Tony ended up finding a new apartment to move into, so I was back to being the only kid in my house. I missed him, obviously, because he was my older brother.

At school on Monday, my period one teacher announced that there was going to be a party for the juniors and seniors. How fun. I had enough of these stupid parties, especially because Mom found out about it and insisted that I go. I didn't want to, but I had no choice.

The party was on Friday and was going to be held at the same banquet hall where Dad's work party was held the week before. That, I didn't mind because after I talked to Grayson at the party, I found a nice, quiet room that rarely anyone went to. I planned to hide out there the whole time.

"Remember that I will pick you up at nine," Mom told me once she dropped me off at the banquet hall. "You'll have fun. Trust me."

I seriously doubt it. One, I was going to be at a party with my whole school where everyone hated my guts. And two, Grayson might be there. I still wasn't over him unfortunately. I had to keep telling myself that we would probably not get back together because of how stubborn he was. I just didn't want it to be true.

I walked into the banquet hall, where most of the students had already arrived. The cheerleaders and football players were standing in a group nearby the food table, so me eating was obviously no option.

When I looked at that group again, I noticed one person who didn't belong there. Ben. What was Ben doing here?! It was a student party, not one for people like him!

I continued looking around the banquet hall until I saw Grayson. Good, he was here. I know I didn't want him here before, but I was way too worried about Ben to worry about seeing Grayson. I just hoped her would keep his promise about protecting me from Ben.

Judging by the look on Grayson's face, he was forced to be here as well. What was up with parents? Normally, they wouldn't want their teenagers going to a party. Now, they were forcing us to go.

Not wanting be near anyone anymore, I decided to go to the room I found during Dad's work party. It was a small room with a bookshelf and a few chairs here and there.

I scanned through the bookshelf until I found the most interesting one. I wasn't a big reader, but I'd rather read than be at this party, as weird as that sounded.

I wasn't that much into the book. I was more reading the words instead of comprehending them. But it was better than being up there.

I looked at my watch, noticing that only an hour had passed. The party started at seven and it was now eight. One more hour left, then I can go home.

"I thought I might find you in here," a voice said suddenly, making me jump a bit. I looked at the door. Oh no. Not him.

"Go away," I muttered quietly, my heart beginning to beat louder. I couldn't go through this again.

Ben walked over to me. "And miss getting some revenge? Not a chance."

"What happened wasn't my fault," I said. It took a lot of courage getting that out. I didn't know what to do. Ben was blocking the only way out of this room.