Matt Murdock- Cafe

(Requested by @AbbyAgosto)

"I don't know why you won't go over there and talk to him," Your friend says, making your eyes widen.

"(F/n), shh! What is he can hear you?" You hiss, your cheeks burning.

She laughs. "He couldn't possibly hear us. He's across the room in a nosey cafe!"

You sneak a peak at him, but quickly look away when he turns his head. "Oh my God, he's smiling. Why is he smiling?"

"(Y/n), calm down. He's probably thinking about how good his coffee is or something."

You sigh. "I am never going to talk to him. I can't even look at him. It's like he knows when I'm watching him even though he's blind."

"Maybe he has a sixth sense? Oh! Look, (Y/n)- Look, he's getting up."

You roll your eyes. "Does it matter? I'm going to throw away my coffee."

She smirks. "Uh huh,"

"What? It's cold," You say, walking over to the trash can with your head down. A red stick clicking against your shoe makes you jump.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." You look up to see Matt Murdock smiling cheekily at you. "Get it? Cause I'm blind?"

You laugh softly. "Yeah, that's funny."

"Well, I'm glad you laughed." He says, pulling back his stick. "So what are you doing here?"

"I uh, I'm here with a friend."

He smile. "Yeah?"

You nod out of habit, then stutter out a reply. "Y-Yeah."

"You just nodded, didn't you?"

You could feel your cheeks turn bright red. "Sorry, I forgot you can't see..."

"It's fine. Some people say I have a sixth sense about those sort of things."

You freeze up. "R-Really?"

He smiles almost teasingly. "Yeah, my hearings great. You see those guys over there?" He points behind him. "The one talking is explaining to his boss why he deserves a raise. Just from the tone in his voice, I can tell he's moving his hands."

You scan the room until your eyes land on two men. One of them is sitting back, and the others throwing his hands around.

"How did you..." You start out, but snap your mouth shut. "Sixth sense?"

"You got it."

Laughing awkwardly, you rub your arm nervously when you realize he must've been able to hear your friend and you talking. "I-I'll see you later,"

He nods. When he passes you, he leans in and says. "And I wasn't smiling about the coffee."