Chapter 34

"I fucking trusted you Lydia, but don't worry I won't make that mistake again."

~

"Marcus please let me explain," I said calmly as he paced, waiting for Melvin to come back.

"Why so you can manipulate me like you did Melvin?" He glared.

"I didn't manipulate-"

"Then what do you call lying to get what you want?" He interrupted.

"If you would let me explain this would all be okay," I gritted my teeth to prevent from losing my cool, "I guess the responsible patient Marcus left as soon as you punched that wall, I knew he wouldn't last,"

"I can't believe a word out of your mouth anymore Lydia!" Marcus came and stood in front of me, he spoke slowly with emphasis on each word, "If you had told me the truth from the beginning I wouldn't be this angry, not even angry Lydia I'm disappointed,"

And at that I felt like disappearing, being angry and yelling was one thing, but being disappointed was somehow worse, so much worse.

"I'm sorry," I blurted, I didn't know what to say I was searching for words to somehow make this better, to somehow make this vanish, "Please don't be disappointed, I didn't know, I mean, I didn't think,"

The words were spilling out in a jumble yet I couldn't seem to get them out fast enough.

"That's exactly it. You don't think before you speak, you don't think before you do. You expect us to constantly be okay with it in the end, but tell me this, who has to take responsibility for this? It's not my fault, but I always seem to get shit for it because you cant man up and take responsibility," Marcus said calmly.

"Take responsibility for what?" I asked.

"Lydia you don't think I'm letting you off the hook do you? Tomorrow morning I'm telling Felix."

All the blood drained from my face, I felt faint. This was it my life was over before it even started. I leaned back in my seat unable to comprehend the rest of what Marcus was saying until Melvin came back out and like in a movie I immediately became conscious.

"Apparently he wasn't going to come but I called and convinced him to," Melvin smirked.

"You didn't!" I gasped.

"Shut up!" He almost screamed.

"Hey relax," Marcus said softly.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Melvin seethed, "My best friend Marcus, I stopped talking to my best friend because he was too good of a guy to rat on Lydia,"

"Good friend all right," I muttered. I thought back to my room and how he forced himself on me without my consent.

"Don't you dare say a word about him!" Melvin spit. I wanted to tell him so badly but I was already in deep enough shit without making everything worse.

"So is Damon coming or what?" Marcus said getting Melvin's attention again.

"Yeah, he said ten minutes,"

"Does he know you know?" I asked worried out of my mind for Damon.

"Yeah, I said I know you're with my sister and I have a problem with that, he said okay and that he's gonna come in ten minutes," He seemed proud of himself and I got nauseous thinking of the joy he would get from pounding Damon's face in.

"Melvin you can't touch him," Marcus said to mine and Melvin's utter surprise.

"The hell I can't!" He yelled outraged.