Monster Hunt

Chapter 9
Monster Hunt
Dipper's Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

"It's been amazing here as a tourist," (Y/N) says. Her (E/C) eyes sparkle as she stares out into the forest.

"Hi!" Mabel screams, making me half deaf in one ear. She sits between us but closer to the edge of the porch. "You know what's better than being a tourist here?"

"Don't trick her into working here if she doesn't what to, Mabel," I murmur. I believe she just ignored what I said.

"What?" (Y/N) asks, moving her (H/C) hair out of her face.

"Exploring the forest for monsters!" Mabel answers.

"Okay," (Y/N) giggles then speaks normally, "Are we gonna go, Dipper?"

"Huh? Oh! Of course! Let's go!" I say like an idiot. I tuck Journal #3 in my vest and grab Mabel and (Y/N)'s wrists, dragging them into the forest. I still feel like an idiot.

"D-Dipper, you can let us go." I let go of their wrists. I turn around wanting to say that I'm sorry, but Mabel smiles and jerks her head for me to look over at (Y/N). She has her arms crossed, her head facing the ground, and I believe she's blushing. Wait! OH, MY GOSH! She's blushing! Her shoulders shook up and down once from a sudden laugh.

"Come on!" She smacks my shoulder, which actually hurt. I follow behind her while Mabel follows behind me.

"Dipper!" Mabel yells. I turn around. "Nevermind." I roll my eyes. When I turn around, I crash into (Y/N). We both land on the ground and side-by-side.

"Sorry. I'm so sorry," I say. I look over to see she's face down. Why do you have to mess everything up, Dipper? "Are... Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She sits up and wipes the dirt off her face. I stand up and offer her my hand. She grabs it and pulls herself up.

"Oh, my gosh! Are you okay?!" Mabel asks with that weird you're-welcome look in her eyes. WHY ON EARTH IS THAT LOOK IN HER EYES?! What should I thank her for?!

"Okay, maybe this time Dipper should go in front," (Y/N) says.

"Yeah. Again, so sorry," I say. She laughs and gestures me to go ahead. I walk ahead as I hear the mumbling of Mabel and (Y/N) whispering. I can't tell what they're saying, but for some reason I want to. If their whispering in the forest, then it has to do with me.

"Shut up, Mabel!" (Y/N) suddenly screams, scaring me. I hear Mabel laughing. I just continue walking as if I didn't hear them. It's hard to ignore them when every now-and-then one will yell. It's going to be a long monster hunt!