Chapter 25:

Karma

"You called me wee hours of the morning talking about some I want my grand babies and you ain't even here." I said to Brandon's mom over the phone as I stood at her front door.

"You early that's why, I'm pulling up now." She said.

I was confused since her car was parked outside and even more confused when a black car pulled up. I narrowed my eyes trying to see inside as she got out, but didn't see anything since the windows were tinted.

"Uhhh who that?" I ask as she hugs the girls.

"Huh? Oh nobody, just a friend." She said going to unlock the door.

"Since when did you have friends bringing you home early in the morning like you was out all night?" I ask. "You better not have no man. You know Brandon ain't having that."

"Girl I am grown."

"Oh so you do got a man? I'm telling Brandon." I said following her inside putting the girls bags down.

"And you can tell him I'm grown and I do what I want. Where his ass at anyway?"

"About to be single."

"Girl- not today Karma, not today. Get out my house. Bye girl." She said pushing me towards the door.

"Shit, I'm serious. See yall later babies." I said kissing Brei and Bryna as they said bye.

"Grandma can we have cookies?" I shook my head. It's still early in the morning and they waste no time asking for some damn cookies.

"They ate breakfast already. So if you wanna give them sweets this early that's on you since you gonna have to deal with their hyper behinds." I said before saying bye again and leaving.

I couldn't even believe the thought of Brandon's mom having a man since she's always been more focused on putting her two cents in me Brandon's relationship over the years. Shit, I'm coo with it. It'll give her more of a reason to stay out of our relationship and worry about her own.

*

"Where's Brandon?" My mom asks as she gets into my car since she's going with me to my doctors appointment.

"Up his ass." I said as I pulled off receiving a slap on my arm.

"The hell is yall problem?" She asks.

"He went out last night with his boys. Which would have been fine if he would have told me, but I have to call him and he's already there. I would have went and slapped the shit outta him if it wasn't so late and the girls weren't already sleep. He knows I'm good for that pulling up shit."

"So where's he at now?"

"At home knocked out cold. He came home in the middle of the night. If he would have came home smelling like another bitch I would have probably stabbed his ass."

"You know damn well Brandon is not a cheater." She said.

"Mhmm, I know that. He just better know that."

"Shut the hell up Karma."

"Seriously. I lowkey wanna fight now. Him, Z, and Roddy just because."

"Yo ass just crazy." She said.

"Man no, because let me not be with Brandon and I don't answer the phone. I get cussed out, but if I'm the one going off, I'm crazy."

"Because your ass be sending threats that you have no problem following through with.

"Because I'm not the one to be tried."

"Okay Karma."

*