The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 3 ]

Well. This is awkward.

The guys stopped talking and stared at me. Like, really staring at me!

I actually began considering waking up the teacher.

On his desk were a pile of Detention sheets. I grabbed one and sat in one of the seats. All five boys sat at the back of the classroom in a row. Now I realized what Gabby meant when she said they had their seats reserved. No one else came to detention.

“Well, well, well… if it isn’t the little French girl,” I recognized him straight away; Valentino. “What brings you to our ecstatic paradise?”

It took me a moment to realize he was waiting for an answer.

“I was…um… late… to class.”

After a moments silence, all five guys exchanged glances

… and erupted in laughter.

I just sat there, in my seat, feeling a little humiliated at how pathetic my answer came out. I should have said I swore at the teacher or something…

Valentino wiped a tear from his eye and chuckled “You’re cute Chloe, really cute.”

Dammit. They knew my name.

“It wouldn’t have anything to do with not having your diary, would it?” One of the twins smirked.

And then it hit me – they must have my diary. No wonder they knew my name.

“May I please have it back?”

“Aww. Just when I thought she couldn’t get any cuter, she says please.

I glared at Valentino until he put his hands up in defeat.

“Stop ignoring the question. Can I have my diary back?!”

“Aww, no please this time little C?” I glared at him again “What?! Don’t look at me like that, I don’t have it.”

I looked at the twins. They both shook their heads.

I looked at Dennis. He gave me a sweet smile “Sorry Chloe, I don’t have it.”

Finally, I looked at Reece. Sexy, hot, dangerous, bad boy Reece. He was leaning back in his seat and had his strong, muscular arms at the back of his head. Again, I was rapt by his eyes – God they were amazing. His brown hair looked so soft, I resisted the urge to touch it…because that would be really creepy at a time like this.

“You have my diary.” Statement, not a question, but I got my answer anyway.

He smirked.

~*~

I never thought I would say this but…

Detention was fun.

The guys are so amusing and to watch, I totally forgot about my detention sheet I had to fill.

Explain in detail, ways you can improve your behavior. Must be at least 500 words.

“Don’t worry about them, he won’t care.” Valentino turned his head towards the teacher who was still sleeping. Talk about disciplining the students.

“Does he always take a nap?”

“He just became a daddy. So there’s a lot of screaming at night – and not the good kind if you know what I mean.” He wriggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

“You’re such a guy.”

“Why, thank you little C.”

We walked a little further down the corridors and a thought popped in my head. “How come none of you have asked me whether or not I’ll report you tomorrow when they question me?”

“Because we know you won’t.”

I stopped in my tracks. “What?”

“Actually, Reece knows you won’t, the others aren’t too sure.”

“And you? Do you think I’ll tell anyone?”

Valentino laughed, “Nah, I reckon you love us all too much to see us expelled.” he said as he messed up my hair. I slapped his arm away but it was too late – my hair looked caveman-like.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket; I flipped it open and read my new message.

Chloe,
Your father and I will be late tonight, you’re going to have to catch the bus to the new house.
Order Chinese if you want. Sorry sweetie.
LOL,
Mum.

I burst out laughing - my mum still thinks LOL means ‘Lots of Love’.

~*~

I missed the bus.

It was getting a little dark, even though it was only four in the afternoon. Gray clouds covered the sun and I silently prayed to God it wouldn’t rain.

Remember God, you owe me.

And then I saw the bus behind the traffic light.

This part of my life is called: Having an Adrenaline Rush.

Running in your school shoes and uniform is not something comfortable and enjoyable.

That’s why I had a wide grin on my face when the bus doors opened because I made it.

Thank you Lord – but we’re still not even.

I glanced around the bus and wasn’t surprised that everyone was looking at me – honestly, I was puffing like I was having a seizure or something. I seriously need to get fit.

Reece Carter was on the bus.

Awkward.

~*~

The problem with sitting at the front of the bus is knowing that you’re being looked at by the people sitting at the back of the bus.

I was currently in that situation.

When an old lady got off the bus, I let out a sigh of relief – I’d be getting off the next stop and wouldn’t have to endure the awkwardness anymore.

I got off.

So did Reece.

~*~

I kept walking down the road. I could hear his footsteps a couple of meters away from me. Sometimes I dared to turn around. Every time I did, he was still there.

I turned left down the street of my new house. Reece trailed along.

What the fu-

“Are you following me?” I finally asked, half curious, half frustrated to the max.

“You wish.”

“No, honestly, the last thing I need right now is a delinquent stalking me.”

“A sexy delinquent – and I’m not stalking you.”

I rolled my eyes and turned around and kept walking. When I arrived on the porch of my new house I jumped around in defense mode to accuse him.

“Ha! I knew you were following me!”

Except he wasn’t behind me.

No, Reece had his keys in his hand and was about to unlock his front door to his house; which was right next to mine. He laughed and shook his head.

“Guess again, neighbour.”

***

Im sorry guys but... I stole the cookie from the cookie jar :$

COTE ME XOXO