Chapter 18- Skipping school

The morning air laps at my face while I run. It's still dark, the street lights guide me to the gym. When I arrive at the gym the car park is empty. But I see Indi's yellow Swift pull up. I wave as I wander over. 

"Hello beautiful," she smiles, getting out of her car. 

"Hey," I give her a hug. 

"I guess we're the first girls here," she says as we walk inside. The lights are blinding compared to the dark outside. 

"Lets just warm up," I suggest pointing to the treadmills. 

"Always the fit one. Don't outrun me," she chuckles. She stretches down to touch her toes. I grin before plugging my iPod back into my ears. The music sets my pace as I run to the beat. I am unaware of the other girls joining us. I'm in my zone nothing can break me out. Well until Cleo stops my treadmill. 

"Oh hi," I breathe, wiping sweat off my forehead with the towel she hands me.

 "Alright we have all done enough running. Let's practice our dance once over," she claps her hands together. The girls all nod and run to the studio. I take a moment to check my phone. I have been running non-stop for twenty minutes. I sure am sweaty. The team is standing in positions waiting for me to start the music. "1,2,3" I yell before the music starts. We all dance perfectly. I am so proud of us.

"Singing in the shower!" Poppy yells over her shower cubicle. 

"La da de la da da," I yell back washing my body. I love our friendship. 

"How was your brother-sister date?" Poppy asks over the wall as we get dressed. 

"Twas great. We had to stop in at the parlor though. We had the whole movie theatre to ourselves. We got onesies," I walk out and begin the make up process.

 "Oh cool beans. Wow you look nice," she compliments my outfit as she opens the door. I smile down at my ripped denim skinny jeans and tight long sleeved navy and white striped crop top. 

"Thank you Popsicle," I grin as I tie the laces on my shoes. 

"You don't look too bad yourself," I wink. She is wearing gold studded black skinny jeans, a baby blue loose crop top and dark green baggy parka jacket with pink floral Doc Martens. 

"Wait you would've seen Carter at the parlor. Are you okay?" She brushes off the compliment as we do our make up. 

"Uhm it wasn't great. But I dunno, I'm sure it's fine."

"Oh Rora darling. Everything is good. Okay?" She reassures me and sprays us both with perfume. 

"Okay," I put my other gear in my duffle bag. 

"Hey, Ty is taking me to school," she says when we walk out of the changing rooms. 

"All good," I say just as Cleo waves us over. 

"We're taking a break from practice today. See you tomorrow night," Cleo hugs us both. 

"Hey Roars," Rocky says while Poppy waves at us before climbing into Ty's Ute. 

"Hey Rockstar," I wrap my arms around his waist. We stand there for a bit. His chin resting on my head as I inhale his scent and his Rockyness. 

"Let's skip school," he holds my hand as he walks me to his car. 

"You sure?" I question as we drive out of the car park. 

"Yip, we're going to the city" he declares and turns the stereo up loud to avoid my protests. I have no choice and to be frank, I don't mind all that much. I love our little adventures. We are a great pair, us two. I offer my best friend a smile before resting my head on the window and going into my blank thoughts.