16

Alli
"God Damnit!" I yelled as Daryl tried to pull the bullet from my leg, there was blood everywhere. I tried to hold in screams so I wouldn't draw walkers, but I still ended up yelling a lot. "Got it" Daryl said, putting the bullet to the side, it still hurt like hell, but I could keep from yelling now.

He twisted the cap from the bottle of alcohol, and I prepared myself for pain again. "Son of a-" I seethed from the pain, not yelling this time. He wrapped my leg in gauze now, it was bleeding through quickly, but it was wrapped. "We gotta go, Carl get the bags, I'll get her" Daryl ordered, getting me to my feet. My arm was over his shoulder and he held me up.

Carl grabbed the bags and reached over the counter quickly to get my bow, then we started leaving. My leg was surging with pain, but I kept my foot from touching the ground so it wouldn't hurt as much, I was just kinda hopping as Daryl held me up.

We went back to the truck and Carl helped to get me into the backseat while Daryl got the rest of the group. The truck was loaded within minutes and we drove away quickly, speeding towards the prison. "Try and distract her from the pain" Daryl ordered Carl and he nodded, trying to think of something quickly.

"I didn't know your knife was from your best friend" he said and I nodded "one time, before this all started I was at her house and we wanted to go to the part at midnight. Her dad wouldn't let us go without a weapon, so she gave me one of her hunting knives, her dad was a big survival guy, he'd given her a bunch of stuff over the years" I told him a brief version of the story and he nodded.

The gauze on my leg was soaked with blood by the time we got back, Carl helped me get to Hershel's cell.

"I'm fine" I muttered as he made me sit on the bed, Hershel was getting some supplies. I felt kinda dizzy, but it didn't hurt that much anymore "you lost a lot of blood, what type are you?" Carl asked and I looked up, seeing black spots in my vision "I dunno" I told him, looking at him again, blinking a lot to try to get the spots away.

Carl
"You should ask Daryl" her voice was bubbly and she laughed now "since apparently he's my dad and all" Hershel looked at me and I felt my eyes widen a bit, I guess she couldn't control what she was saying at this point. She had a point though, if anyone knows then it's Daryl. "I'll um...be right back" I told Hershel and left the cell.

I ran back out to the truck where everyone was unpacking quickly. "Daryl" I said and he looked at me "is she okay?" He asked and I nodded a bit "do you know her blood type?" I asked, lowering my voice a bit and he nodded "B negative, same as me" I could tell he felt a bit awkward. "She's probably gonna need blood" I told him and he nodded "I'll go to Hershel's in a minute" he said and I went back inside.

Well, this whole Daryl being Alli's dad thing probably won't be a secret much longer. I ran back to Hershel's cell, where he was replacing the gauze on Alli's leg, trying to stop the bleeding "her blood type is B negative, Daryl said he could give some blood" I told Hershel, it would've been awkward, but I was too worried about Alli at this point.

"She's in the loopy phase of blood loss" Hershel said and I nodded, Alli laughed "Carl's such a good boyfriend" she smiled, I felt my eyes widen again and Hershel laughed to himself. "He keeps running back and forth for me" she laughed and laid back onto the bed "he really cares".

Hershel's just hearing a whole bunch of secrets today, I hope she doesn't say something about us going to the house. It doesn't really matter though, as long as she's okay. Daryl walked into the cell now "Carl said she needed some blood" he said and Hershel nodded "yeah, just wait right there".

Alli laughed again "Carl" she slurred, her voice was in a whisper now so I moved a bit closer to her "what?" I asked and she grinned "I love you" she giggled and I grinned a bit "I love you too" she kinda seemed drunk, I wonder if that's abnormal reaction to blood loss.

"Alright" Hershel pulled out a tube with a needle on the end of it, he cleaned off part of Daryl's arm and put in the needle, attaching the other side to Alli's arm. "I'm tired" Alli muttered, blinking her eyes a few times. "Carl" my dad said from outside of the cell and I stood up "I'll be back in a little bit" I told Alli and left the room.

My dad motioned for me to follow him and we went into his cell. "What happened out there?" He asked and I sighed "we were just scavenging and some people came over, they wanted weapons. They said just give them weapons and nobody gets hurt, so we did. Then Alli wouldn't give them her knife, so they shot her in the leg" I explained to him and he nodded.

"And they're dead now?" "Yeah" I told him. "How'd Alli know about Daryl being her dad?" He asked, this is gonna end up being some big truth session. "She overheard you guys talking one morning, and she can't really control what she's saying right now" I told him and he sat on the bed "she said that you were her boyfriend too" he grinned a bit and I scratched the back of my neck "yeah, she did".

He laughed a bit and patted my shoulder "treat her well then, that's Daryl's daughter remember" he said somewhat jokingly and I felt my cheeks heat up slightly "yep". "And she'll be fine, the bleeding should be slowing down by now, and she's got a donor. She'll be back to normal in a day or two, it'll just take a while for her leg to heal" he assured me and I gave a half smile "I hope so".

Maggie
"I hope that she's alright, she's been through enough as it is" Glenn muttered as we unpacked the truck "yeah, I guess she was alone for most of this apocalypse. Think of how many people we had through that time, and she just had nothing" I sighed and he nodded.

I glanced over to the fences, someone was running towards the prison. "Look" I pointed it out to Glenn and he walked closer, it was a girl, she looked pretty young, probably in her mid-teens. "What's she doing?" I asked and he shrugged, I saw a small crowd of walkers following her now. She started killing some of the ones that surrounded the fences.

She kept repeating the same pattern, killing five or more walkers, running to another spot, and doing the same thing. Most of the walkers near the fence were gone, only the group behind her remained. "Should we help her?" I asked and Glenn shook his head "it seems like she's got it under control.

She had killed the group behind her now, and she stood still, catching her breath. "Hey!" Glenn shouted to her, getting closer to the gate, she went closer to him as well, only the fence separated her from us. "Are you alone?" Glenn asked and she nodded, breathing heavily "my dad died months ago, It's just me" she breathed and he exchanged a few glances with me, then shrugged.

"How many walkers have you killed?" I asked the girl and she looked confused.

"A lot".

"How many people have you killed?".

"1".

"Why?"

She looked at her feet then back to Glenn and I "my dad got bit when we were on a run, he didn't wanna turn" she blinked a few times, probably trying to avoid emotions from overtaking her.

"You need a place to stay?" Glenn asked her and she gave a weak smile "that'd be great". We let her inside and I smiled "I'm Maggie, this is my husband Glenn" I introduced us and she nodded "I'm Sarah".