(Not Edited) How my heart broke

A/N, so everyone is freaking out about the last chapter, so hopefully, this one clear that up. :D

Nathan's POV.

"No, please stay with me", I yelled, and the lift door pinged, and I heard gasps. I looked up and saw Rosie and my mother. Rosie started to cry as she looked at Grace.

"Mother, phone an ambulance!" I yelled at her as I sobbed into Grace's shoulder. Rosie rushed to my side, ripping strips of Grace's dress and used them to try to stop the bleeding.

"Nathan, I need your belt. The glass has cut her femoral artery," Rosie said, her voice cutting through the mess and the silence. I stumble to my feet, my hands slip due to the blood as I undo my belt.

Rosie tightened a tourniquet tightly above the bleeding - I watched as Grace groaned, her face twisted in pain.

"I love you so much," Grace told me, wiping my tears, and she held my cheek. I put my hand over hers, holding it against my cheek.

"I love you; we have so much to look forward to," I say, my voice shaking against the burning of a sob.

"We do?" She whispered, her voice rough and her eyes filling with tears. I tighten my hand around hers, holding it against my cheek. I feel the warmth of her hand, the stickiness of the blood against my cheek, but I focus on her.

"Of course we do. We have our whole lives to spend together, so you have to hold on for me,"

"I feel so tired; my head is burning," Grace stutters, her eyes rolling before fluttering closed.

"I know, you just gotta stay awake," Rosie calls to her, ripping the material of her dress to bandage other cuts on her body.

Grace mummers in response, her eyes open, but they are hazed over.

"We are going to be so happy together, Grace. You have to hold on." I cry, my throat constricting, and tears drift uncontrollably.

"What are we going to do?" She asks weakly, her hazel and honey eyes shining with pain. My mind panics and I try to focus on the dream that I had planned for us.

"We are going to travel to any place that you want. We will see the world, every beach and spend hours in the book shops," I begin, and she smiles, blood staining her teeth. Her breathing is pained and laboured. My mum collapses to the floor, holding herself as she cried.

"That sounds nice," Grace tells me, stucking a painful breath through her teeth.

"You'll get to write your book; I'll paint, and there will be a little dog running around our feet," I continue, smoothing down her hair with my free hand. The other still clamped against hers on my cheek.

"Atticus," Grace faintly whispers, squeezing her eyes shut as Rosie works on her.

"That sounds like the perfect name," I cry, bringing her hand from my cheek to my mouth. I kiss it gently, holding it to my chest.

"We'll be happy," She says, her eyes closing and her breathing flatters.

"No. No. No, stay with me, please," I cried into her shoulder, and I pulled her closer.

"Nathan, I need to do chest compressions. You need to let me help her," Rosie states, her voice calm, but her eyes hold fear and the same sadness that hangs in the air.

I move away, allowing Rosie to keel over Grace. Her hands clasp together, and she begins CPR.

"I don't have a pulse," Rosie tells me, but she doubles her efforts.

"Mum, where's the ambulance?" I yell, my heart ripping in half. My mum looks at me, the tears running down both our faces. I looked back at Grace at her pale white face, and I could feelthe grief poisoning me.