Chapter 37 - I'm so confused right now.

Chapter 37 – I'm so confused right now.

Lucy's POV

After a few more hours of helplessly waiting around doing nothing, the sound of keys in the door sounds again, and every single person in the room tenses. Nobody's come for us since Devlin came back, we haven't even heard a peep from the guards outside, so nobody knows what to expect when that door opens. What none of us seem to expect, however, is the sight of Beck entering the room, looking to be in even worse condition than Devlin.

Holy shit, he literally looks ready to collapse.

He doesn't seem to dwell too much on his injuries, though, as he quickly darts a look back outside before closing the door behind him.

Beck is on a mission.

"Jesus," Justin whispers in shock when Beck's turned properly to look at us, allowing us a head-on view of the damage done to him. He's covered in scrapes and gashes, his clothes covered in blood despite surprisingly still being intact. His face is bruised, his left cheek swelling, and he's obviously hurt his leg from the way he doesn't put any pressure on it whilst standing.

Who's done this to him? Why? I don't understand...

"We need to get the fuck out of here," is all says, his eyes glancing to the window quickly before moving back to Justin.

He hasn't looked at me once so far and all I can think are two painful words that rip through me like a tornado – he lied.

All this time... he's been lying! About everything!

"Dude, you won't see me arguing," Justin says, regarding him warily, distrust radiating off him like heat. "But you can fuck right off if you think you're coming with us."

"Come on, man, we don't have time for this," Beck replies, his frustration clear as he sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I will answer and damn questions you have on the way but, right now, we need to move."

"And why the hell should we trust you?" Dean speaks up, his glare shooting daggers towards Beck. "For all we know it could be a trap. How are we supposed to believe that you're not working with the rogues?"

"You really think I'd have this if I was working with the rogues?" Beck asks, lifting up his black T-shirt to show multiple gashes running in all different directions across his stomach.

He's bleeding, a lot, but you couldn't really tell through his T-shirt. Now, though, we get a much better look at the extent of his injuries... and it does not look good.

"Jesus Christ, man..." Devlin says, the horror in his voice and expression telling me that he knows exactly what Beck has been going through since we were brought here.

I don't know whether to be sick or cry; I'm so confused right now.

"Believe me now?" Beck sighs, letting his T-shirt drop back down to hide the cuts, and nobody answers.

Nobody seems to know how to answer.

"David, we really don't have time for this," Beck then says, deciding that it'll be more effective to appeal to the alpha instead of the group as a whole. "Kailen's called a meeting for all of the rogues to attend, including the guards, so right now it's free sailing. I don't know what it's about and I don't want to know because I can tell you now that it won't bode well for us but, most importantly, I don't know how long it'll last."

David takes a minute to think things through before seemingly coming to a decision.

"Devlin, what do you think?" he asks, seeking advice from the only ex-rogue in the group, apart from possibly Beck.