4. For The Night Changes

Chapter 4:

Kaeya : "A traveler?"

Jean : "Yes. Amber took him under her wings and wants us to meet him."

Kaeya smiled with an interested look and put his hand on his chin.

"Looking forward to meeting him. What business does he have in Mondstadt?"

"I think he's looking for someone, or something.  According to Amber."

"Hmm good girl, I'll give her a reward for this entertainment."

Jean sighed deeply, covering her eyes with her hand.

"You're awful, Kaeya."

"Haha, why are you saying that? A bit of fun isn't bad from time to time right? I'm sure Amber is having fun too, our best scoot~"

"Yeah yeah.."

"Slow down on the paperwork, Jean, you're gonna overexert yourself. I'll leave you now. Bye!"

"Yeah bye.."

He waved at her and left the room with a challenging look in his eye.

"How weird.. none of my informants told me a traveler had entered Mondstadt. He must be quite unordinary. Or on the contrary, very ordinary and not eye-catching enough to be noticed by my informants. In any case.. this is very interesting." He thought to himself while licking his lips.

He walked out of the headquarters of the Favonius Order and looked at the sky. Surprisingly, the usually good weather of Mondstadt seemed to fade out a bit.

"Hmm.."

He continued his calm walk through the town, everyone seemed to behave as usual, though some conversations could be overheard about the traveler. Kaeya, who always had a listening ear, gathered all the information he could. But it was only rumors, nothing he could trust a hundred percent.

Suddenly, a thunderbolt crossed the sky and stopped the conversations.

"Huh??"

People all around the place started to leave, expecting rain to come down. Kaeya did not. The air didn't seem heavy as it should be in stormy weather. He could still feel the light breeze of a sunny afternoon.

"That is weird..."

But slowly, rain started to fall on Mondstadt. Kaeya didn't flinch and raised his head toward the sky with a suspicious look. He frowned when a second lightning crossed the sky.

"Something's wrong."

As to answer his worries, a dark unknown flying object appeared in the sky of Mondstadt. Kaeya immediately drew his swords and became more aware of his surroundings. He squinted his eye and suddenly, it appeared clear to him.

"A dragon..??"

He had trouble believing what was happening in front of him. But his senses did not lie. It was a real dragon, flying in the sky.

"Could that be the famous Storm Terror? It was seen a few times around the city recently.."

Just after this thought, the dragon started attacking Mondstadt.

"Oh dear Barbatos-.."

He started running towards the highest place of Mondstadt, in front of the cathedral, to have a clear view of the chaos. About halfway there, he saw another flying thing in the sky, purchasing the dragon.

"Huh?"

After a few seconds, he could distinguish a human form with a glider.

"Who could that be?? Amber?? No, there's no way.."