Chapter 8: Prize

ATTENTION

so i have some writers block for this story, and I want you guys to choose which fanfic I should post soon:

An attack on titan one,
Tokyo Ghoul,
Or black butler.

OOOOOR

I have original stories I've been working on:
Girl who sees ghosts and stuff
Mafia world
Highschool crap
They all have comedic elements so they arent too serious.

That is all.

Be cool.

Love y'all ❤

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Odia's POV:

"What the fuck did you just say?" I snapped as he reached out for my hand, but I quickly pulled it away.

"Odia Araneae Soliz, will you marry me?" Kyoya spoke in monotone as if he was being forced to read off lines.

I blinked at him for a long time.

This fucking dumbass. He has to be kidding, or on drugs, or just plain delusional to even think I would marry him.

I sat there in silence for a while, until I found calm words.

"My name's not Soliz anymore." I looked away from him, "I changed it after my parents... It's Fortes. Rubro and I chose it."

"Why Fortes?" He asked.

"The reason is irrelevant to the situation." I quickly answered.

"So will you-"

"No."

"Odi-"

"No."

"Can you let me-"

"No, Ootori, get out of my-" I was cut short as I was suddenly pinned to my own couch.

He only acted like this when he was jealous of something back then, but now, I'm lost.

"Do not call me Ootori." He breathed, and I smelled alcohol as my eyes widened, "I don't like how it sounds."

"Are you drunk?" I snapped.

He's basically the same, only a little more irrational. What the actual fuck?

He took a breath, "Odia, will you-"

"No, Ootori, why the hell should I?" I challenged him as his grip loosened, and he sat back up.

"I need you to." He sighed, "It's the only way I'll inherit-"

"Oh hell no." I cut him off as I stood up, "You want me to marry you for buisness, and you actually thought I would agree. Have we ever even met before or are you just an insensitive prick?!" My voice began to raise.

"No need to get angry." Kyoya stated blankly.

"Everything in my life has been for buisness, I refuse to let my own marriage be for that purpose. Let alone benefit you." I chuckled bitterly, "Nope. No. I'm not dealing with this, get out."

"Odi-"

"I swear if you were not drunk right now, I would kick your ass, just go." I nearly yelled as he stepped out of my house.

I slammed the door behind him. Of course he is basically the same when he's drunk off his ass.

I plopped myself onto the couch as I laid my head down. The plaster ceiling was something I've grown comftorable to stare at when the world sickened me. There's something so easy about being swallowed in the off white plaster above my head other than the superficial issues. Marriage was the last thing on my mind, and I-

My thoughts were cut ever so short by my phone ringing. Begrudgingly, I answered the device without looking, "This is Odia." I spoke.

"Where is he?" A fierce voice spoke.

I sighed, "Ootori? Hopefully in a limo on his way home."

"What did he do?" The voice snapped.

"He asked me to marry him, you know, typical nights. I said no naturally. How protective are you, Akito." I giggled.

"My father has gone absolutely insane." He breathed to himself, causing me to sit up.

"How unlike you, Mr. Sheep. You so carelessly follow your father, why so rebellious?" I mused with a small smile.

"My father has stirred a competition with my brothers and I, it's childish." He seethed.

"Dare I ask what?" I asked, but the line went dead by his will before I could get an answer.

----

"No, it's nothing." I reassured the man sitting across from me.

"Yes, it is." He countered, inspecting my wrist from across the table as he reached out for it, "It must hurt."

I shrugged as I stared down at my wrist, "This is just..."

"Painful." Reita looked at me with a serious face for the first time as he stared at the fingerprints on my wrist in the form of bruises from drunk Kyoya's proposal, "Who..."

"The youngest Ootori boy." I rolled my eyes as I sipped on my super sweet coffee.

"Kyoya? Little scrawny thing?" Reita's eyebrow quirked up, "Should I take action?" He half-joked.

Reita and I had grown closer in these past five years, since he saved me at one point, and him and I got along well from there.

I shook my head, "No point in doing so, he was drunk the other day and proposed to me."

"Is he playing along with the pursual game their father cooked up?" Reita scoffed.

"Pursual game?" I put down my coffee.

"Whichever son marries into exceptional power gets company inheritance, since he's trying to be more fair to his sons opportunity-wise." Reita spoke casually as my eyes widened.

"What?! Why?!" I demanded, pissed at how frivolous marriage is to them.

He pointed his finger at me, "Because of you."

"I'm sorry?" I blinked.

"I thought you knew of their pursual game, because you are the reason it exists." Reita took a sip of his tea, "When you were... gone, devastation struck, and Rubro became you, speaking about how he should've treated you fairly, how everyone should give equal opportunities. I don't know, he was hysterical."

"What does that have to do with me?" I demanded once more.

"Your little speeches dealing with your rich family system frustration were heard when you were presumed gone forever." He matter-of-factly spoke, "But the rich like games more than anything, and you are the main prize."