Chapter 6: The Choice (Resisting Love)

"You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choice." — Anonymous

....

Lauren's POV

It has been two weeks since that blissful night, yet the taste of his lips still fresh in my memory, the endearment, the way it rolls out of his tongue gives me these tingling feelings just by hearing it and had me smiling like some lunatic whenever I recalled it. His confession of liking me as a woman made me feel so alive and no doubt, the happiest woman in the world, or so I thought.

Two weeks had passed, yet no sign of him. He never left a call, text, or email to let me know that he's on a business trip or perhaps he just doesn't want to see me yet I don't want to think it that way. I have no idea wherever planet he'd gone.

Am I supposed to expect something? Or I am just giving deep meaning to whatever we shared that night?

Sighing deeply, I tried to focus on the laptop in front of me, but it was impossible. I want to go back to Naeah's desk and bother her again about his whereabouts, but I've done that for the past weeks, and had to lie that I need him to explain some things because I don't understand it, even if Vaughn had explained it millions times over, just to squeeze out some information, but damn, I failed miserably.

He gave instructions to his secretary that I will be trained by Vaughn Reynolds since he is on a business trip to only God knows where. And Naeah were too damn loyal, that even if I'd kill her she won't spill a thing. I tried not to look very desperate, hell I did, but the wait is killing me, and I don't know if there's going on between us, or Am I the only one expecting something between us.

I wanted to call him, but my pride was stopping me. It's only there is left in me after my confession.

What if he doesn't mean what he said that night? What if he was just tempted because he's just like the other normal guy?

Today is his third week, and I heard nothing about him. Vaughn had been really good and patience in explaining it to me detail by detail about how marketing works. He was smart, but as the days passed by, it's getting harder to comprehend what he was talking about since my head wasn't with him all the time. Instead, it has it's own mind, wandering somewhere, where the name Zandros were.

Sometimes, he is openly flirting with me, and I just politely laughed it off his rakish innuendo. If only I met him before Zandros, perhaps I'm happy now or maybe not.

I let out a loud sighed, then shook my head trying to shake off all these annoying thoughts. Perhaps concentrate on the file screaming at my face for an attention.

I don't know when Am I be ready to take over our company, but today, I felt like I'm definitely ready. If he won't show up until the end of this month, then I'll leave without a word.

To hell with him!

A thought sparks in my head. If Naeah won't tell me where he is, I'll ask google. I should have done this before. Why it never dawned on me? I turned my laptop on and I started typing, 'new update about Zandros Mailov'. Then a bunch of links appeared on my screen.

A triumphant smile graced my lips.

Voila! 

My smile slowly withered as I click on the link that has a picture of him with a beautiful Asian girl. The article opened in another window. Frowning at the screen, I read the article that was dated recently. It was posted three days ago to be exact.

The very successful billion deal-makers and most sought after bachelor of Greece, Zandros Mailov, CEO of the CMOSA Co., once again had shown his brilliant strategy in gaining industry alliances, and nobody can stop him from conquering the world of business, acquiring a new position in the biggest market in Japan. Akiko Hayashi, CEO of the Hayashi Inc., one of the largest supermarket chains in Japan, had announced their new partnership with the Christo-Mailov SA Co. The look on his face says it all, rather successful negotiations and promising subsequent millions of returns.