Part 14

"You'll be fine," I attempt to sooth Harry, his hand constantly raking through his hair in distress.

"Elle, you don't understand. The last time I saw them I was a mess. It's not a good feeling running through me right now," he explains, my fingers buttoning the black dress shirt onto his chest.

"You're nervous. It's normal," I say, his lips releasing a sigh. His eyes watch me and I walk into the bathroom after finishing the buttons on his shirt.

"If they make you uncomfortable, let me know and we'll leave. They can be...conniving, in a sort," he says, grabbing my hand while I brush my teeth.

"I'll be fine," I say, his eyes falling onto his pendant on my chest.

I push him lightly out of my dorm bathroom, shedding the robe and replacing it with a white dress. My fingers zip it up and I tie the ribbon around my waist.

"I want to come back in now," Harry groans, my lips curving. Upon opening the door, he's leaning against the doorframe and he smiles.

"You look smokin'," he winks, my eyes rolling at his cheeky behavior. My waist is taken between his hands and I flutter my eyelashes against the brush of my mascara, Harry setting his chin on the top of my head.

"Your bum looks fantastic," he says, squeezing lightly. I push him off, his laugh signaling amusement at my reaction.

"Don't be like that," he smiles, my eyebrow rising.

I finish my make-up and he kisses my cheek, turning me around to kiss me. I blush, his arms wrapping around me.

"You'll stay at my place again?" he asks, between kisses. I nod, his lips curving on mine.

One last kiss and we walk out of my dorm, his hand holding mine as we make our way to his car. The door is opened for me and I smile, sitting down as he walks to the other side. He drives downtown and parks in front of the restaurant, his body climbing out and opening the door for me. He hands his keys to the valet and walks me into the restaurant and sets his hand on my back.

"Hi, we're in the Styles party," Harry tells the man in front, his head nodding. We follow him and a door is opened, Harry tensing as we walk in.

"Harry?" a woman gasps, her features nearly identical to Harry's.

"Hi mum," he says, the woman rushing over to him. A tight embrace is held and she starts to cry, his arms around her shaking form.

"Don't leave me again or I'll have a heart attack. I've been worried sick," she cries, holding onto him.

"Mum, I'm alright. It's all good now," he says, breaking free from the blubbering woman.

She wipes her cheeks, turning to look at me. "Mum, this is Elle, my girlfriend," he says, the woman smiling.

"I'm Anne. Oh, you're so beautiful," she smiles, my lips curving. "You keeping him in line?"

"Mum," Harry groans as I smile, my head nodding. She grabs my hand and walks me into the room, seating me beside her. Harry grabs my chair and pulls it away for me, his mother looking at him weird.

"Who are you and what have you done with my son?" she asks Harry, his eyes rolling as he takes a seat beside me.

"Such a gentleman. I'm proud to see you so well-kept and happy Harry," she gleams, my lips curving as I look over at him. He smiles at me and he sets his hand on my thigh, my left hand covering his.

The table introduces themselves, Carter, Gemma, and Anne's husband Robin all seated in a round table. I'm reminded that I still want to ask Harry about his father.