CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE✔️

dedicated to lotusqueens because writing goals af

THIRTY-ONE | REVELATIONS

Arabella jolted up when she heard the sounds of things breaking and clashing. She looked to her left to see that Damon was peacefully sleeping, so she quietly crept out of bed and changed into shorts and a t-shirt before rushing downstairs. The sight caused Arabella's jaw to drop.

There, in front of her, was Elijah. He stood in front of her, behind the threshold.

Arabella glanced at Elena, who was begging her not to say anything, and Elijah, who was looking at her curiously.

"Bloody hell. Why did I come to this town?" Arabella muttered.

"Please Bella, don't tell Damon and Stefan. They'll-"

"Shut up," snapped Arabella and glared at Elena, which caused her to shut her mouth immediately.

Arabella glanced at the two before she sighed and grabbed Elena's arm, dragging her out.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Elena questioned, trying to break free from Arabella's grip.

"Going with you," Arabella replied.

"What? No—"

"Darling, you put a dagger through Elijah, which, by the way, isn't the most pleasant feeling out there. Even though Elijah is much more patient than others, he might pull
something. I'm coming with you," Arabella said.

"But—"

"Ask me another question and I'll tell the Salvatore's," Arabella said and Elena shut up, at least, until they got in the car.

"Arabella," Elijah greeted.

"Elijah," Arabella muttered, sinking in the backseat of the car.

"You look upset," Elijah noticed.

Arabella glared at him. "Really? Wow. I thought I looked like a ray of sunshine."

Elijah rolled his eyes. "Stop."

Arabella huffed and glared at the headrest where Elena was sitting. Elena could feel the burning gaze.

"Look—"

"Shut up and don't talk unless you have a death wish," Arabella snapped.

"You can't just—"

"Oh darling, I can," Arabella interrupted.

"But—"

"Elena, your blood is smelling divine today. Do you mind if I had a taste?" Arabella said, leaning forward so she could smell the blood. She heard Elena's heart pick up and smirked triumphantly. The rest of the car ride was silent until they arrived at the Lockwood Mansion.

"No, not the werewolf," complained Arabella.

Elena turned to Elijah, ignored Arabella's complaints, and said, "You look better."

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah questioned, ignoring Elena's flattery.

"You know what, I would like to know that too. Considering you tried to dagger me too," Arabella remarked, leaning forward.

"I'll tell you everything, but we have to work together, Elijah," Elena said seriously. "I need your word."

"Your ability to make demands has long passed," Elijah declared.