4.) Long Flights

“Ugh, I so do not want to do this.” I mumbled, eyeing the small plane in front of us. Of course, it was the West’s private jet, would we travel any other way? But the thing is that I hate flying. It’s not the actual flying part that bugs me, it’s the staying still in one seat for so long that really kills me. And this flight is going to be fourteen hours. Yes, you heard right, fourteen hours sitting in one spot, doing nothing. All I had was a laptop, a notebook, and some ear buds.

“If you’re so against it, then you can stay here. We’ll think about you when we’re laying in the sun on the peaceful Australian beach.” Elle smirked, throwing her bag over her shoulder and walking ahead of me towards the jet.

There were a total of eleven people going on this trip- Ryder, Andy, Kale, Jackson, Holly, Brendon, Jarrod, Isaac, Elle, Tommy, and me. And I was the last person on the claustrophobic plane.

The good thing about this flight, however, was the amazing interior that I’ve never seen. Yes, in my years of being friends with the Wests, I’ve never used their private jet before today.

Right when you walked in the door, there was a long couch to the right and two large, cozy-looking seats across the aisle, facing each other. At the back of the plane, there was a cluster of the same chairs, two on each side and facing each other. Then, behind that there was another four-seat cluster. On the back wall, there was a door that I was told lead to a small bedroom with a queen sized bed inside. It was a pretty large plane for being private. And apparently, there’s Wi-Fi on this plane, at least, that’s what Ryder had told me yesterday, which I was very excited to learn. That makes this flight just a little bit more bearable.

Once we were all inside, I ended up in the middle of the plane in one of the chairs and two seats across from me were occupied by Tommy and Andy, but the one beside me was empty. Behind me, Ryder, Jackson, and the twins were sitting in the four seats and in front of me, Isaac and Elle were sitting together on the couch and Holly and Kale were sitting across from each other in the other two seats.

The pilot did his little speech, telling us that we had to be buckled up for takeoff and that we can’t use the table things for the first few minutes either. The speech that all pilots make before a flight that also covered all of the ‘in case of emergency’ stuff as well.

When the speech was over, there was a small lapse of time before anybody started to talk, and then there was a large, random gasp as we started to start speeding down the runway.

“Tommy!” Elle gasped.

“Yeah…?” Tommy replied, turning around in his seat to face Elle who was looking at him with bugged out eyes, like she was about to tell him her dying wish or something.

“Your birthday!” She erupted. “We haven’t planned your birthday yet and isn’t it next week?!”

Tommy nodded calmly, but when Elle said that, it reminded me that we haven’t planned his birthday yet, and it was next week.

“Yeah, I wasn’t planning on doing anything this year.” Tommy shrugged.

“You’re kidding, right?” I snorted. “Birthdays are like, our thing.” I told him, nudging towards Holly. For most birthdays of people we’re close to, me and Holly are usually the ones running the show along with Andy and Elle, I don’t know if it’s a girl thing or if we’re just weird like that, but I love birthdays and I love the partying that comes with it whether it’s innocent, open presents and eat cake, or if it’s a dirty dancing and spike the cake. Both types of parties are fun and if there’s a birthday, I can guarantee you that it won’t go unnoticed, not around here.

“Um, no, I wasn’t kidding.” Tommy chuckled. “But I’m not going to stop you guys from doing whatever you guys want to plan.”

“Oh, like you could stop us if you tried.” Andy smirked innocently beside him. “I already have the best idea ever, but I’ll tell you guys about it when we land.”