Chapter 21: Selfish

Chapter 21: Selfish

Quote of the chapter:-

"one thing is important.
one thing does matter.
the way you see yourself.
the way you believe.
the way you make others
believe.
all else changes.
all else goes on."

~r.m. drake

♚♔♚♔♚♔♚♔♚

My legs shook as I looked into the face of my parents murderer. He was sitting smugly enjoying the scene playing out in front of him. I shouldn't have left, he took that as a sign to easily get to Colton.

I am so stupid.

My heart was thumping as I could feel myself starting to have a panic attack. This is not true, maybe if I pinch myself he'll go away. My head was spinning as a shriek escaped my mouth, I was trying to calm myself down but couldn't.

He was sitting right in front of me. The one man that I had been running from for so long, and he knows. He knows who I am.

I began to hyperventilate as I screamed again.

"Get him out of here!" I screamed pointing to Alpha Herald as I stumbled out the room. My heart was racing and legs shaking, he knows where I am now. Even if I do leave Colton he will hurt him, this was not supposed to happen.

I didn't want to cry or be scared, but I couldn't control the panic that ensued me.

I have to protect Colton.

"Why is no one listening!" I yelled again stumbling further back as Alpha Herald stood up a smug smile on his face. He knew I was here, that's why he came.

My dream was correct he's going to try and harm Colton.

My mate.

I couldn't let him.

Alpha Herald turned around and faced towards me and away from Colton he gave me a sly wink before reaching out to touch my hand.

I quivered back as I heard Colton growl, it didn't sit well with him that another alpha tried touching me.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed as I quickly escaped the room. I couldn't bare being in the same room as my parents murderer.

He's the man who destroyed my life.

I slammed Colton's study door and ran upstairs trying to get away from him. He wants me and he will do anything to get me, but why?

Why does he want me?

Why am I so significant?

I sat curled up in the corner of Colton's room willing myself not to cry. I am stronger than this, I won't cry because he's after me. I have to face him at some point.

It's not facing him that scares me, it's the possibilities of why he wants me that terrifies me.

"Casey" Colton yelled as I curled up further into the wall.

"Get him out of here" I whispered quietly but Colton still heard me as he looked me dead in the eye.

"Why?" He asked skeptically trying to get me out of the corner, I stayed rooted to my spot as he forcefully pushed me onto his lap.

"Please Colton get him out" I repeated as my wolf felt uneasy. She needed to be let out and she was scared of the situation too.

"I will, just relax" Colton soothed as he placed me gently on the bed and turned to leave. I quickly grabbed on to his arm forcing him not to leave me. I was scared I didn't want to be in the room alone, also I didn't want him to speak to Alpha Herald alone.