29: Said Orgy

I teetered up the steps to my apartment, regretting the night before. I knew it was a terrible idea to go out with Ashley. She was feeling down and needed a drink. She made the stupid decision of inviting me and let's just say I'm not the best drinking partner.

I was running on only two hours of sleep, an alcohol-induced system, and hurting feet. She met me at the bar after my night shift and we went out straight after. No breaks, no naps.

Repressing the hangover that was taking over my body, I fumbled for my keys, trying to unlock the door. What I walked into was a sight I'd rather not speak of. "So we're into orgies now," I mumbled under my breath stepping around the skimpily clad girls laying in my living room. I didn't miss Ben lying across the couch, hand still enclosed around a beer bottle, nor did I miss Carter sprawled across the floor, a blonde hanging on his arm.

Ignoring the envious feeling, I kicked off my shoes trailing over to the refrigerator in my kitchen. After downing a bottle of water, I placed a kettle on the stove, waiting patiently for the water to boil.

Preoccupied in my phone, I didn't hear someone walk into the kitchen. I pasted a smile on my face as a brunette, who looked absolutely trashed, stumbled into the room. "I look bad, don't I?"

"Fucᴋing terrible."

"I don't even know how I ended up here. I'm supposed to be at a summer seminar, and I can't show up looking like a hooker."

"First time in LA?" I asked her while pouring myself a cup of tea. Deciding to put the brunette out of her misery, I poured her a cup too. She nodded in response to my question and thanked me for the tea. "It'll get easier. Word of advice, drink moderately and with friends."

"They bailed on me."

"Find new friends," I said. She smiled. "What time does your seminar start?"

"Around noon."

"Then you've got time if you leave now. Pop a couple aspirins and look presentable. You'll do fine, I promise." Getting the message, she quickly left my house after clothing her body. I realized I was way too nice for my own good.

Carter and Ben were still sleeping soundly, the after effects of the orgy still waning in the living room. Deciding to let my bitchy side out, I paraded around the living room banging pots and pans. "If you don't live here, get the fuck out!"

I reveled in the nasty glares tossed my way. The blonde was especially vicious, so I made sure to send a finger-y wave in her direction.

"I'm in hell, aren't I," was the first thing Ben said as he clamped his hands over his ears. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought this plan through seeing as I was hungover and irritable as well.

"You're very close. Whose idea was it to have an orgy in my living room? I didn't know we did those sorts of things." My hands were firmly crossed across my chest.

"What the hell even happened last night," Carter ran a hand through his hair, leaning against the coffee table.

"I think after the bar, we went to the city. My memory stops there." I looked between Ben and Carter taking in their blatant confusion. "I guess we weren't the only ones that had a night. You look like you did the walk of shame."

"From Ashley's house. We went out last night to cure her blues. Bad decision." I shook my head, going back to the topic at hand. "I'm going to sleep. When I wake up, my living room better be spotless." I voiced the disbelief in their little gathering as I walked towards my room.

My near six hour nap was cut short when a maniac insisted on waking me up. "There's a fire. A tsunami is coming. There's been an earthquake."

"Get the fucᴋ out of my room," I growled, my cranky side coming out. He did the unthinkable jumping on top of me. "One...two...three..."