Chapter 7: Life Without Love

"Maybe he's doing the same thing as me... maybe he wants so bad to call me, but just won't because I haven't called him... then again, maybe I shouldn't fill myself with a false hope that he might just be missing me like I'm missing him." - Anonymous

(Unedited)

Lauren's POV

6 Months later..

It's been six months since I left Greece. Six months no communication with Chrissy or any of the Mailov family. I've been working like a caveman. For six months, no social life. And for that span of time I have established myself in the cruel world of industry. Became tougher with dealings of the stubborn employees who thought I'm just another girl who knows nothing but clubbing, which a reputation I gained for the last 7 years. The darling of all gossip magazines all over Greece. They called me the "Slutty His'n'Hers Heiress!" I am the favorite topic of every gossip mongrels in Greece. But I care not for every names they labeled me. I know who I am and what I did.

New York is my Mom's second home. It is where my mother raised and lived almost her whole life. But as far as I remember, I only visited this place when I was 5 years old. And that was 15 years ago. I'm not too close with my Mom's side. I was too young when I met them and I barely have memories of them.

And until now, I haven't contacted them, or even have any plan of contacting them. I knew nothing about them, since all my mother talked about when she was alive is about how well the company is running. How good the designers she pick. How cooperative her team are and how much profits they are expecting for the years to come, blah blah blah.. It's all about money. And now I'm living it. The way they lived their life.

I came here with no friends, no acquaintances. Just Mario who became my best friend.

I remember the first day I arrived in New York. I was shocked to see Mario, who came to pick me up instead of arranging someone which is what he had mentioned before I left Greece. And what is more shocking is to see a gorgeous young man about 30, stood closer to 6 ft., blonde hair, electric blue eyes, and very hunk. His being gay was only known of few, including me. His dad was an ex-army, so as his other brothers, that's why he's scared to reveal his true sexual identity. His lover Isaac Olivares, one of our photographer was very nice as well and they are both gorgeous hunk who happens to like the same sex. Their relationship was very discreet.

Mario found a condo along Madison Avenue, the Holiday En-Suite. Where I come to love it and called it my home. The place was polished with concrete floors, a sculptural glass and steel staircase floating between the two floors, and walls of floor-to-ceiling windows providing infinite scenic views of Manhattan. The first floor, wonderful for entertaining, has been opened up into a large living/dining room and kitchen. It comes complete with a library/office and a home cinema. The dirty kitchen features a separate wet-bar and top of the line appliances. Also on this floor is a spacious separate bedroom suite with two walk-in closets and a bathroom. In addition, there is a powder room and laundry room. On the second floor, there are two more bedrooms, one of which is a guest room, which as if I'm getting any guest at this point of my life, and a generous, luxurious master suite. The master, which is 435 square feet, entered through a hallway. It has two large, walk-in closets, a bathroom with an open shower and features floor-to-ceiling windows bathing the room in natural light all day long

I was lying in my bed feeling lazy to get up. The weather is chilly and it didn't help at all. It's already 11 in the morning and I hadn't done anything. I look out the window walls and from my bed I could see the park.

It was snowing outside. The park was covered with snow and it's all white. It looks beautiful.

The weather is cold as cold as my heart.