Chapter 6: Carrie's Problem

Carrie's POV:

I walked out of my room and into the bathroom. I looked at the mirror seeing my reflection.

"Sigh. If only i could just tell them what really happened..." I told myself.

I locked the bathroom door and fixed myself up. 

----5 MINUTES LATER----

I put on fresh clothes and unlocked the bathroom door. I saw Beastboy in front of me.

"Uhh. Hey BB" I said.

"Hey Carrie. What took you long?" He asked, then barged inside.

"Um. Sorry!' I apologized, but he shut the door right at my face.

"Jeez." I whispered under my breath.

I walked into the living room. 

"Hey Carrie." Robin greeted.

"Hey Robin." I replied, walking over to him.

I spotted Starfire looking at me and Robin.

I could see that she had envy in her eyes.

"Hey, I'll be right back." I told Robin.

He nodded and i walked to Starfire.

Starfire looked at me with confusion, but i just motioned my head to the hall.

"Come on. I need to tell you something." I told her.

She walked with me to the hall, still confused about what i was about to say.

When we were already in the hall, enough for no one to hear us, i started to talk.

"Hey, remember when i told you i'd be friends with you only if you stop liking or loving him and that?" I asked her.

"Yes." She replied.

"Let me tell you why." I said, my head facing the floor.

"Hm?" She asked.

"Well.... Do you also remember that time when Beastboy told you that my mom and dad were on vacation for 4 months?" I asked, my head still facing the floor.

"Yes." She replied.

"My mom's the only one who's on vacation. She needed to get away from---" I began.

"From what?" Starfire asked.

"From.. My dad's accident..." I finished, tears already forming in my eyes.

"What happened?" She asked me again.

"One day... My dad was going to the mall to buy my mom a gift. I was with him.

He told me to stay put on a bench nearby my mom's favorite shop. He went in to buy my mom's gift. But, a man was there beside me. He kept glaring at me. I was already scared. So, i tried to excuse myself to the bathroom.

Once i got back, he was still there. I still sat on the bench though.

Suddenly, the man stood up. I was relieved. But, instead of walking out of the mall, he grabbed a black thing from his pocket,-- a gun and pointed it at me---" I was cut off by Starfire's reaction.

She looked like she was about to burst! Her eyes were glowing green, and i could hear her muttering "What a dreadful man!" 

I was giggling, but i started to finish the story.

"---I was so scared that i had to run to dad. But, he just grabbed me. He shot the guards who were trying to attack him, but the guards were still alive. Everyone nearby panicked and ran out of the mall.

My dad on the other hand, ran out and shouted, "Carrie!"

He ran after the man and dodged all his shots.

I too, was panicking. i was afraid he would get hurt. I closed my eyes, hoping it would all end and that it was just a nightmare. But, my hopes didn't make it. My dad punched his face and i was free. The last words i heard him say before he was shot was, "Go! Run!" I ran as fast as i could. I watched him die on the mall floor. I felt bad for leaving him behind, so, i stopped running, disobeying my dad's orders.

I closed my eyes, and my eyes turned white. I pointed my hands at him and a bright white light was all i could remember after i attacked him. But, before i collapsed on the floor i heard a whisper saying to me, "I'm proud of you Carrie." 

The next thing i knew was, i was in a hospital room with my sleeping mom holding my hand. I looked over to the side, seeing the doctor looking at me.

"Oh! You're awake. I need to tell you something." He told me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"If this is about my father's death.... I-i know... I saw him..." I explained.

"Well... I'm sorry about that. But, that's not what i'm about to say.." He told me.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"You were really brave out there. No known 13 year old could have done that. They would always just run from fear." He said.

"Well. I'm not an ordinary 13 year old." I told him.------

"Well.... That's my story! To be honest, i've been trying to ruin someone's  relationship because of that. Me and my dad were really close.." I told Starfire.

"That is a very good reason.. I am sorry i have doubted you before. I have not yet known your story yet." Starfire replied.

"I'm so sorry, Star." I told her.

"It is okay. I will pretend this conversation has never happened." She said, then winked at me.

"Heh. Thanks." I said, finally relieved to finally have a friend to confide in my secret.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!!!! Like the chapter? Vote and Comment! Would really appreciate! 

I'll try to update as fast as i can:) Thanks for being patient!

-KatnissEverdeen1658 logging out <3