O N E

*Note this thing needs a lot of editing, but I'm not doing that just yet until the story finishes. Excuse the bad writing and errors.*

-Jeremy-

"Hey, left, left, left. Oh, the top!" Henry shouts, shifting his cube and stabbing the keys with all of his strength. The screen let's out a melodious tune indicating that we finally passed the level. He stands up and does his happy dance like he usually does making me roll over laughing. It's that embarrassing. He turns back to me. "Blow it up!" He holds his fist up at me.

I punch it hard.

Groaning in pain, he falls backwards as I save our progress on the game and soothe my ache by blowing on it. It takes him a while to recover and he sits up and looks at me with narrowed eyes. Except narrowed eyes on Henry is anything but threatening but the things he says, however are cringe-worthy.

"You're such a wimp," I tell him and he falls backward with his mouth hanging open.

"I thought we were fri--!" his sentence is cut off short when we hear light footsteps come down the stairs.

"Henry," Jenn says, standing at the bottom of the stairs in long skinny jeans and a baggy t-shirt. Her long hair is tied up in a messy ponytail. Her face is absolutely expressionless, but she still looks like she's photo-shoot ready. She looks hot like that. In everything. Especially the long legs . . .

"Stop checking my cousin out!" Henry whispers, elbowing me in the rib.

I look up nervously at Jenn since Henry is terrible at whispering. Jenn seems oblivious to it as always, raising an eyebrow at our childish play and clearing her throat to get our attention again. We snap our heads to the forceful sound. She is annoyed as usual.

"Your mom needs you upstairs. I think she wants to set you up on a blind date with some girl again." she looks up at our game and then back at us. "At this rate, and with those looks, I think you'll need one."

I snicker at the snark comment and Henry sends me a threatening look again that shut me up. He turns back to Jenn and stands up, rolling his eyes.

"Gee, thanks Jenn!" Henry grumbles and picks himself up the stairs.

We stay in awkward silence until Jenn just up and leaves the basement without even acknowledging me. How cold that was, to just walk away without giving and explanation. Or a goodbye. One of those would've made my day. I check my watch. Today is her evening shift. She must be going to work. My thoughts are interrupted as Henry ran down the stairs, out of breath and smiling.

"She's cute, I think I like this one," he grins and slumps down to his original spot.

"Now just get her to like you." I smirk, grabbing my game cube.

"You shouldn't be talking," Henry laughs. "The girl you like has been in front of you for . . . how many years, now? Six or seven years and you haven't even confessed?"

"Shut up." I smack him in the head again and steadied the cube in my hand. "Now let's beat this level."

It takes us about three hours to beat it since noob Henry here kept on dying and by then we were absolutely exhausted. Henry leads me upstairs to get a snack after shutting the game down due to various reasons. One being we would play until we die if it were to keep running. Two, it was almost ten and driving home late was difficult in the winter because of all the snow and the ice.

Henry goes up to the refrigerator and pulls a jar of guacamole out and I get the chips. We sit at his kitchen island and munch in pure, awkward silence. His mom is probably upstairs watching some sappy chick flicks like she always does. The Journal? Or was it The Sketchbook? Something like that. Anyway, it's a weird and girly movie no one would want to be stuck watching.