T H R E E

Oliver walks through the hallway, happy and content from the aftermath of yesterday's party, just as I am. One, Oliver managed to get Jace's number and the two of them have been texting each other all night long. They have become very nice friends, for now at least. Two, the creepy stalker girl who threatened to post the video is gone. Well she still goes to this school but she hasn't been following Jeremy or me around. Needless to say, everyone is happy. Except for Jeremy's fan girls, of course. But they weren't going to dare to do anything to me.

Rumors about how I was the one who pulled Jeremy in to kiss him, verses him pulling me in for the kiss, have been forming but I didn't really care about it. The awkward feeling between the two of us have faded and we're back to being the ruthless come backers who fight the moment we see one another. Or at least he's the one who starts it and then I start to abuse him.

School, biology class to be specific, is becoming more awkward with Jace and Oliver sitting next to each other. They send notes, for goodness sakes! Just watching them like that makes me argh. But as long as Oliver is happy, I'm happy myself. That's what being friends is all about, right? And I've won the right to call myself Cupid.

"Hey, are you coming to the fireworks show next week? Christmas eve?" Oliver asks. I wasn't sure if she asked me or Jace, but when I look over she is looking at me. It's nice to know I'm not being forgotten after all of my hard work.

"I think so, if my parents are off from work. They like to go and watch me if I'm going to see fireworks since they're afraid of the chemicals I'm breathing in and fire and all of that doctor stuff, you know?" I sigh. "It's too bothersome, I don't think I'm going. And I'll get a headache from all that noise."

"Aw, Jenn," Oliver pouts. "I'm going with Jace, you should come, too! With Henry . . . or maybe Jeremy?"

"Oliver," I growl.

"Okay, sorry sorry." She doesn't look sorry, though. "I just thought that maybe if you would like to join, you shouldn't just be third wheeling."

"I'm not going. Period."

The bell rings and I don't even wait for Oliver since she's going to be too busy walking with Jace. Urgh. Just one night and everything has changed so much.

"How's your leg?" Jeremy asks.

"How do you pop out of no where all of the time?" I ask, startled.

"I'm a ghost." He laughs. I roll my eyes.

"Did you work on the brainstorming about the art project yet? I don't want to fail such an important project here," I interrogate. The guilty look on his face makes me feel guilt myself. "I wrote down kittens."

"I thought we were going deep," He counters from last time.

"Shut up. I wrote art down, too."

"Not deep enough."

"Do you want to die?"

"If it's gonna be like last time, I'll pass." He winks.

"I'm going to kick you down the stairs after I make it up there." I step up one stair. Urgh. I feel like an old lady. At least it doesn't sting when I out my pants on but bending it is deadly.

"You do that, I'm going to get to class," He gives me a thumbs up and leaves.

Dang it. I should get an elevator note. The stairs are so. Freaking. Painful. Two more-and done! Whoo! Oh yeah, happy dance (in my head, of course).

"You are so happy even if you aren't smiling, I can tell," A low chuckle I don't recognize says. Searching around for the owner, I find no one at all. Invisble? For some reason, that voice sounds familiar . . .