F I F T E E N

Okay, it's going to be in past tense now. Got tired of present. Too weird.

Thank you for 16.k!!!!

HAPPY MONDAY!
THREE MORE DAYS! THREE MORE DAYS!

"Mom, open the door!"

I banged on the door as loudly as I could, shaking it even, as I screamed at the top of my lungs. Never in my seventeen years of living would I expect my mother to lock me up in my room. If I was my sixteen-year-old self, I might've actually thanked her for doing so.

I didn't get to see Jeremy after that night. Heck, I didn't even get to see Oliver or Jace or Sam, not even Henry. As if my mother couldn't be seen as mentally ill enough, she was letting me off from school.

"You know I have three more weeks of school, right?" I shouted at her, hoping that I could talk her out of letting me go. "You can't keep me in here forever!"

Honestly, I didn't know how she was putting up with this. My own yelling was giving me a huge headache.

"This isn't a recreation of Room, is it? Or maybe Carrie is more relatable." I was running out of sane-ness. But no, I wasn't bleeding at my fingernails. If only I had a child to (SPOILER DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT READ ROOM) fake dead and escape.

I was beginning to think she has left the house. My banging moved to the window, hoping someone would hear me when passing by.

"Stop it, Jenn."

At that, I moved back to the door and banged. "Mom, mom, mom, mom! Please let me out!"

"I warned you."

I scraped my fingernail against the door, emitting that caccophony, ugly, squeaky sound. "Don't give me that BS."

No answer. "I'm pretty sure this is illegal!"

Still no answer. Then I heard a door slamming, as well as the car door, and tired screeching out of the driveway. There goes talking her out of it.

My eyes bled salty water as I laid in bed, shoes and all, and stared at the window. Secretly, I was planning my escape through the three story high thing but I wasn't trying to get myself killed before I could even graduate the h-hole I had worked in for so many years. And don't trust the books, thing clothes together does not work.

But why not give it a try?

My feet carried me over to the window and opened. I grabbed my scissors and knife through the net at the edges before discovering that it was capable of sliding over itself. I'm really going crazy. Just as I tied my sheets to the railing, a voice screamed.

"Jenn!"

Luckily, it was from below. Oliver jumped up and down, waving. Henry was there, too, with a car parked right in my backyard. Boy is mom going to be mad at that. It doesn't make it better that it was raining just a little bit in the morning and now there were tire marks in her previous, prized grassland.

We talked while Henry whipped a big latter out and climbed up, pausing our conversation. He took one look at me and grimaced.

"Get dressed or something." Henry pinched his nose. "Did you shower?"

"Shut up," I told him and basically shoved him off the ladder as I carefully got on and went down step by step.

Oliver greeted me with a tight hug. Then she wrinkled her nose at my stink as well.

"It's been one day, guys. Grow up!"

"There's a shower connected to you room, though." Oliver eyed me up and down. "You can shower at my house."