Chapter 13: Phantom Fight pt.1

A/N: Art by pole-bear

        You couldn't believe the gory scene in front of you and you inhaled sharply, fearful of approaching Springtrap in his insane state. You nervously made your way back to the Office in fear of Springtrap jumping out and murdering you on the spot. You sat on the comfy, black chair which creaked under your weight and realized that your shift already started and you still didn't have a fully-developed plan. 'What's the point anyways, I'm going to die whether by the Phantoms or Springtrap's hands.' Losing all hope, you grasped the tablet and began to monitor the horror attraction that contained greasy checkered-tile floors and props that came from a landfill (at least you think).

"(Y/N)?~" Your heart stopped when you heard the same voice that greeted you on the first night. Honestly, you didn't know why you were incredibly scared of the bunny animatronic. Maybe because you just witnessed him kill Alexander? It wasn't that you hated or liked Alex, it was the brutal way of Springtrap killing him that terrified you. Nonetheless, you brought the tablet down and slowly glance up to face him in his human form at the other side of the window with a twisted smirk. It was as if you two never met before, but it changed when Springtrap's eyes cleared and softened. "(Y/N)? Why do you look so gloomy?" His smug smirk shifted into a frown, obviously unhappy with your expression.

"Why... did you have to murder him?" You didn't mean to but your tone came out rigid and the question was barely more than a whisper. It was obvious that his gray orbs reflected guilt. He blinked a couple of times and huffed before plastering a more serious expression on his face.

"(Y/N), now isn't the time to fret over a murder as much as you want to talk about it right now, but we've got more concerns to worry about." You were about to argue, mouth agape until you closed it, realizing that he was indeed right. Now wasn't the time to bicker over something that had happened in the past and right now you should be more concerned about Phantoms trying to kill you because of revenge for some unknown reason you were yet to discover.

"Fine, but I don't want you to see you get hurt anymore!" You concluded and Springtrap chuckled at the fact that you cared for him still.

"Don't worry about it and follow me," the tarnished-blond haired man commanded, and you tilted your head in confusion.

"Why? The phantoms are just gonna follow a certain pattern like they usually do?" Wasn't that what Alexander advised anyways?

Springtrap shook his head, "No, not tonight. And it's worse that they would go here since it's all cramped and you can't really run away now can you?" He had a point, it was true. Springtrap grabbed your hand and the both of you darted down the halls, eventually reaching the Arcade Room and he led you inside. Now you were really confused on what he was trying to do.

"Where are we going?" You finally questioned and Springtrap glanced at you, bangs covering most of his eyes.

"Our objective is to get to the boarded room, that's at the end of the hall near the exit so we can be safe there." His plan is well-thought but there was a couple of flaws in it.

"Why go the long way around? Plus, isn't this the place where Chica and the Puppet are?!" Out of all the ways, he just had to pick the worst one! Springtrap huffed, still checking the Arcade Room was empty so the both of you could move on without any witnesses here to snitch with the other Phantoms.

"I know, just trust me! The vents here are closer and would lead us directly to where we need to go as the other way around has Mangle and she's not a very easy Phantom to deal with." Springtrap's torn ears perked up and swiftly grabbed your arms and hid you behind a tight arcade machine before placing a finger on your lips, meaning silence. That's when you heard it, heavy footsteps approaching your location rather slowly but threateningly. Springtrap stepped out with a sickly grin and stared at Phantom Chica as she inched towards him. "My, my, well isn't it my favorite fried chicken of the group!" Springtrap taunted the phantom and she growled.

"Where is she." The sweetness in her voice was gone and replaced by pure venom, but Springtrap wasn't affected by her tone of voice.

"Maybe if you weren't so loud and obnoxious, you would've found her.~" His taunting made Chica shift into a battle position and gave him a cold, harsh glare that even made you intimidated.

"Y-Y'know, maybe I should change my diet from human flesh to animatronic bunnies that piss me the fuck off. Let's eat!" The phantom swung her fist at Springtrap with such agility that you were surprised that he barely managed to dodge the attack. You expected him to shift back into animatronic form, but he fought back as a human, his defense much weaker than hers. "You're lucky that you can't die, you ugly bastard!" Chica exclaimed as she landed a punch on his ribs. You noticed Springtrap's eyes go dark with insanity and knocked Chica off her feet despite being a mere hallucination.

"Look who's talking!" Then you noticed Springtrap's ears twitching to the left. You huffed silently in confusion and noticed he was pointing towards the hall that had the air vent. Did he really expect you to go there while he was fighting? You hated being so weak! Springtrap gave a glance towards your position while Chica was distracted and mouthed 'GO' to you. 'If he dies, I'm gonna kill him!' Just as you were leaving your tight location, Foxy sprung in the air which almost gave you a heart attack.

"H-H-Here be Foxy!!" The pirate pounced on Springtrap, ripping into his flesh with his sharp, decaying teeth. Springtrap yowled in pain and struggled. 'Why can't I defend Springtrap?! I'm tired of being so useless!' You sneaked out of the Arcade Room either way and embarked down the Hall, not expecting to see the balloon boy and the so-called 'Mangle' with him.

"You guys wouldn't dare?!" You asked, remembering the conversation with them and them promising that they would hurt you the next time you meet them. BB twirled his plastic balloon and pointed it at you.

"Sorry, (Y/N). It has to be done so they can be happy once more." For a kid, he sure knew his way of speaking and acted like an adult.

"What are you doing-?" You yelped in surprise as he swept you off your feet and pinned you down with just a plastic balloon. "W-Why?" You croaked out, tired of being picked on without any knowledge on why. Why did it have to be you to see those visions? Why did Springtrap and the Phantoms act differently than they should?

"O-Oh, (Y/N)? Didn't you figure it out by now? Those visions?" Mangle asked with pity in her voice. Your pupils shrunk at the mention of the visions. How did she even know? "You're connected to this pizzeria, (Y/N). And they want to get rid of you so they can weaken Springtrap." You felt BB dig his plastic balloon deeper into the crook of your neck, puncturing a wound.

"Stop, God damn it!" You heard the familiar bunny animatronic appearing from the shadows at the end of the hall with fresh new wounds on his delicate skin. You could tell he way beyond pissed at this point in which for some reason, something started to stir inside you.

"Or what, bunny boy?" BB sneered and Springtrap screeched, lunging towards him, but Mangle stopped him by jabbing her endoskeleton limbs around Springtrap. Some of her limbs went through his torso and legs, which prevented him from moving.

"The both of you are pathetic!" Phantom Chica and Foxy advanced, making the hall more crowded than it should be. BB and Mangle however, thought that the insult was directly towards them.

"What are you trying to imply, you rotten chicken nugget?" Phantom Chica glared at BB but Foxy interjected before both Phantoms could fight.

"Now," the fox started and stood in front of Springtrap with sick eyes. "Watch as the person you love suffer a terrible fate!" On cue, Chica kicked with a sickening crack to your ribs which caught you and BB off guard. You screamed in pain, tears pricking your eyes at the intense blow.

"STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HER!" Springtrap struggled helplessly, anger filling inside him. Blood pooled around you as Foxy stood over you, his hook hovering over your body and ready to strike at you neck.

"I be the one finishing the job!" Foxy snarled and Springtrap broke Mangle apart from him in pure rage, trying to save you but Phantom Chica blocked him.

"I can't lose you know, (Y/N)! I love you, damn it!" He confessed just as Foxy's hook struck down. Without realizing, you growled under your breath like a savage animal, eyes turning into milk white. You felt your body change drastically and you grew a set of sharp teeth that made you look like you had an underbite. You grabbed Foxy's hook instantly with your black, shadowy fingers in which surprised him. Distracted, you twisted his one good arm and flung him over, knocking him out cold. BB and Mangle stared at you with wide pupils, frightened by your appearance that you weren't aware of. Both Springtrap and Chica were fighting, not realizing what happened and he kicked Chica off him, causing her to fall and slide towards you.

"Oh no..." Chica stopped struggling and looked at you with terrorized eyes as you pinned her with your foot. You could see Shadow Bonnie in your reflection and you knew this wasn't you, you weren't controlling this beast, you couldn't tell Springtrap to run away. You grinned sadistically and started to perform a shadow ball with your hands. Springtrap looked at you in shock.

"(Y-Y/n)? What happened to you?" You ignored him, no matter how much you wanted to reply, you couldn't bring yourself to. It was like you were spectating in the eyes of someone else and you couldn't control them.

"Oh, what a horrible night to have a curse." A demonic voice escaped your lips and you threw down the complete shadow ball at Chica, hearing her scream until your vision was absorbed into pure white.

'What a horrible night indeed.'