Bonus Chapter

VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE!

THIS IS NOT THE NEXT CHAPTER! THIS IS A BONUS CHAPTER, REWRITE OF CHAPTERS 34-35 IN ALESSIO'S POV. AGAIN THIS IS NOT THE NEXT CHAPTER IT IS A REWRITE OF A PREVIOUS ONE IN ALESSIO'S POV

I scanned the room cautiously, surveying the different escape routes. It had taken Pietro longer to reach me than I had expected and I was curious as to whether or not he was still even alive. It would be a pity if my cousin had left us.

"Don't ignore me." Giovanni demanded my attention again and lazily turned it to him. Very spitefully I spit the blood from my mouth directly onto his shoes. He frowned.

"My you've grown dependent in your old age." I taunted and motioned with my head towards his friend who had up until this point done all of the dirty work.

"And you've grown stupider in yours" He muttered. For someone with all of the control, Giovanni was especially testy today. If the situation were reversed I would have been a perfect picture of calmness. "You know I'm in the mood for a good story. Tell me old friend, why did you attack?"

"Would it matter?" I replied back easily already knowing the answer. Of course it didn't matter. You simply did not attack ones family. Those who did...well, they ended up in the same sort of situation I was in now. Not that I would be here long.

"Just for fun." Giovanni said smiling.

I looked to his friend who had done all of the physical abuse up until this point. My men would have already had a power drill behind my head and pulling clumps of hair out as a threat before moving on to actually drilling holes in other places. I was actually quite disappointed in this man's "torture" techniques. All he had done was to hit me a few times and only once with the golf club. I mean, come on. Even when he did cut me it was definitely more of a slice than a stab.

"There is no story." I finally replied.

Giovanni held his hand out and his friend handed him the golf club. He twirled it around his finger carelessly. "Now that I don't believe. We go back Alessio, way back. After all these years of getting along, never once have we even stepped on one another's toes and then suddenly, all at once, you're attacking my family? You can imagine my great deal of hurt!"

I sighed. "Yes, yes, it was quite rude. My apologies." I said with an eye roll. I heard the door open and several feet clambering through the room.

"Alessio!"

With little interest I glanced to the commotion. My attention spiked and for the first time since they'd tied me up I moved. "Alessio!" She yelled again and was suddenly stumbling backwards.

"Katherine!" I demanded and shot forward in the chair having completely forgotten the ropes were even there until they restricted my movement. She shouldn't be here. She shouldn't be here. I glanced to the men who had her, paying careful attention to their body language and the rope one happened to be holding in his hands. I turned my attention back towards Giovanni and then glanced at Kate once more. "Che cosa ci fa qui." I muttered.

(what is she doing here?)

Giovanni grinned broadly to me and continued twirling the golf club casually between his fingers. "Bring the girl to me."

"She has nothing to do with this." I said in a low enough voice that only he could hear me.

"Could be a story." He replied back and then turned his attention from me and to Katherine. I leaned back in the chair and took in my surroundings again running different plans through my mind. "Inginocchiati." He instructed to Katherine and my eyes snapped back to him with a glare.