Chapter 18

Elena’s POV:

            “And you two haven’t talked since the James incident at the party?” Becca asks.

            I sigh, shaking my head even though she couldn’t see it. I was on a four-way call with Becca, Melody, and Candice, telling them about what happened at the party with Harry. The party was two days ago, and Harry was ignoring me. I don’t see why he’s mad, because it makes no sense to me, and I’m not apologizing for something that I most likely didn’t do.

            “Nope,” I say, plopping down on the couch in the living room. “I don’t see what his problem is, though.”

            “Give him some time, El,” Candice says. “He probably has a good reason for it.”

            “And plus,” Melody speaks up, “you two have been only going out for like, two weeks. It’s not gonna be all sunshine and paradise, Elena. You two will have fights and stuff, but it’ll work out in the end.”

            “Yeah, I hope so,” I let out a breath. I talked to my friends for a bit longer until the door bell rang. “Someone’s at the door, guys. I’ll call you later.”

            Hanging up, I drop my phone and get up and walk over to the door. Unlocking it, I open it and my expression turns one of shock when I see Harry standing there. He’s wearing a grey T-shirt that shows his tattoos on his arms, jeans, sneakers, and an orange beanie that has some of his curly ringlets popping out.

            “Harry,” I say, looking at him.

            “Hey,” he gives me a small smile. “Can I, erm, come in?”

            I nod, opening the door wider. Harry walks in and I close the door, following him into the living room. “What are you doing here?” I ask him.

            “I...” he trailed off. Harry then lifted his head, green eyes locking with my blue ones. “I came to apologize,” he finished with an out take of breath. “I was being an idiot at the party, and I’m sorry.” He clasped his hands as he sighed. “I just got really mad when I saw James. The bastard just doesn’t get the message when I tell him to back off,” he glares at the floor, probably thinking about James. “But I’m sorry, Elena. I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

            I look at him, a chuckle escaping my lips. “It took you two days to apologize?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.

            “Yeah, sorry about that, too,” Harry says, biting his bottom lip. “Mum was telling me about how her and Robin were dating and –”

            “Whoa, wait,” I cut him off. “Anne and Robin are together?” I ask, eyes widening. Harry nods and I grin. “That’s so great!”

            “It’s fantastic,” Harry says sarcastically, rolling his green eyes.