seventeen

"It is my birthday?" Camila asked quietly from the backseat of Ally's car. After they had calmed Camila down, the smaller girl had been ecstatic that they were going out for pizza.

Lauren had explained to her that it was her birthday, but Camila still couldn't quite believe it. The brown eyed girl assumed she would automatically remember when it was her birthday. She felt out of place.

"It's March 3rd, Camz, that's your birthday," Lauren laughed softly, placing her hand on Camila's knee and absentmindedly tracing circles in her jeans.

"Are you sure?" Camila tilted her head to the side.

"Yes, goofball," Lauren laughed and shook her head. "Why would we be lying about that?"

"I did not remember," Camila looked down at the ground and sighed. "I did not know my birthday."

"Well now you do," Ally spoke up from the driver's seat. "You were born on March 3rd. Which is today. Which makes today your birthday."

"Oh," Camila whispered. Lauren reached out and took her girlfriend's hand, pressing a kiss to the back of her palm.

"It's no big deal," Lauren said softly. "You know now, that's all that matters. Now we just get to celebrate."

"With pizza," Camila mumbled, a small smile creeping onto her face. Lauren couldn't help but laugh.

"Speaking of pizza," Normani pointed out the window as Ally pulled into the parking lot of the brick restaurant. Camila's face lit up, and Lauren had to grab her hand to stop her from hopping out of the moving car.

"Someone else is having dinner with us, too," Lauren smiled, noticing Toby's black truck in the corner of the parking lot. Camila paused, giving her girlfriend a look of confusion.

"Who?" she asked. All the girls unbuckled their seatbelts and exited the car once Ally parked. Lauren pointed in the direction of Toby's truck, where Maia was just exiting the passenger side.

"Be careful!" Lauren called after Camila, who had already taken off across the parking lot. Luckily, Maia saw her coming, and practically had to catch the girl when she wrapped her in a hug.

"It is my birthday!" Camila smiled widely when she pulled away from the hug. Lauren jogged over to meet up with them, motioning for her roommates to follow.

Toby fist bumped Camila, causing both of them to make exploding noises. Lauren and Maia both made eye contact, and the smaller brunette rolled her eyes.

"Sometimes it's like raising a child," Maia joked, causing Lauren to burst into laughter.

"I know what you mean," the green eyed girl reached out and fixed the beanie on Camila's head, just as her three roommates caught up with them.

"Uh, guys, this is Maia and Toby," Lauren turned to introduce her friends. "They're in our art class."

"And these are my roommates," she turned to Maia and gave her a soft smile. "Dinah, Ally, and Normani," she pointed to each girl. Camila giggled behind her.

"Dinah is mean," Camila whispered to Toby, earning a playful glare from the Polynesian girl.

"I'm hungry," Normani announced, nudging Camila in the direction of the entrance. The smaller girl laughed, running back to Lauren's side so she could grab her hand and lead her into the restaurant.

They all slid into a circular booth, with Camila squished happily between Dinah and Lauren. She glanced down at the menu she and Lauren shared, running her fingers over the small type.