Chapter Twenty-Three

Isabella woke up at the sweet aroma of breakfast. She inhaled deeply and felt hot and soft lips against her cheek then down to her neck and naked shoulder.

“Mhhh...” she purred and stretched before she opened her eyes. She could get used to this, she thought as she drank in Liam's morning look; sexy neat hair, a freshly shaved chin, bright eyes and an overly covered body? Isabella frowned at the charcoal suit Liam was wearing and the fresh smell of a good long morning shower. “Good morning.”

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you look in the morning?” He went back to work on her shoulder with his teeth.

Shivers rode up Isabella's spine. “You made me breakfast?”

He shrugged his broad shoulders. “I heated up what Stella packed in my freezer.”

Isabella giggled as Liam reached for the tray and placed it on Isabella's lap. “I could really get used to the new and improved Liam.”

“Me too.” Liam kissed her lightly and sighed. “Unfortunately I have a press conference in two hours.” He looked down at the alarm clock.

Isabella's folk stopped halfway as she watch him warily. “What are you going to say? You know everyone has been waiting for this eversince that bomb from Audrey blew up on us.”

Liam nodded somberly. “I'm going to tell the truth. I'm tired of hiding who I am and where I come from.”

All of a sudden Isabella's appetite evaporated. “Do you want me to come with you?”

“No!” Liam suddenly objected and Isabella's eyes widened in surprise. “I don't think I will be able to say a word if you are there. You are the one thing that could make me forget about the dark and twisted world and at this point in time I want to face it and just get it over with. I don't want you to be part of that.”

Isabella's sighed in surrender. And here she thought they were actually making progress on the support and trust issues. They were taking baby steps and showing Liam that she was stronger than she looked was going to take time! “Alright—call me when you need me, okay?”

“I will. I'll see you in a bit.” He placed a kiss on her forehead and she felt it all the way down to the soles of her feet. Damn her man made her hot! She watched him as he walked out and turned to her food. She just hoped that he was going to be alright.

Liam drove into his private parking and noticed the TV and radio vans parked in the underground parking. Good, he thought as he quickly texted his informer about his latest project on Audrey Walkins. She overstepped the border and it was about time she learned who was boss. Liam already secured a job position for his informer just in case something went wrong and he was discovered. It was far away from New York but he and his family were going to be covered entirely.

“Every thing's in order. I have everything you've asked for. Will meet up with you this evening after your conference results. E. Morris.” The text read.

Liam smiled grimly and went up his private elevator. Stefan was waiting for him in his office. He had the drenched dog look on his face. Liam knew exactly what Stefan was going to say and he didn't have time for this but he guessed now that he and Isabella were exclusive, he needed to clear the air with his best friend.

“Stefan.” He eyed the brooding man carefully.

Stefan nodded lightly and Liam could see the struggle on the man's face as he tried to come up with something to say. “Is it for real this time or should I prepare myself for another boxing round with you?”