Ch.51 - Blacked Out Shades

Thank you for all your wonderful comments guys! Love hearing the feedback that you guys are enjoying the story :) certainly helps shake off writers block. Also hey, 53K reads?? Wow! I'm so beyond grateful guys, like you have no idea. I'm actually for real considering trying this writing ing out professionally because of your encouragements :)

Any who's. I'm writing chapter 67 write now and man I'm stoked for you guys--and like I'm almost done writing the book??? Aahhhhh.

Plus the photo aboveeeee uggh so much purdy.

Enjoy! Next update will be Friday :)
_______________________________________________

Phone vibrating against her bedside table, the familiar buzzing sound bringing Charlotte around the corner with her backpack resting on her shoulders. Jumping past opened boxes, stuff over flowing onto the floor, and reaching across her neatly made bedding with outstretched fingers for the shiny new phone, lit up with a new notification. A text.

I may or may not be at the end of the block.

From Unknown.

A little winking face attached to the message has her smirking (which is it just her or is she doing that a lot lately? ((Roberts trait))). Heat reddens her ears, the tips burning as her heart jolts at the thought of spending more than a few hours together.

Turning hot on her heal, pocketing her phone, she almost trips over an oval eyed Molly. "You'll be back tomorrow?" Words slipping past the thumb in her mouth.

"Be back tomorrow?" Having to repeat said question as her brains trailing in every which direction which is not in this moment focusing on an obviously upset Molly. Charlotte manages to calm her excited heartbeat, sighing out to try and calm herself. "Of course Moll." She brushes a touch to the little ones cheek, smiling down at the six year old. "Remember you can call me at any time with Moms phone, okay?"

Molly nods, gulping down unshed tears with a watery grin. "Okay."

Biting at her lip she crouches down to eye level with her sis, a firm hold on her sisters tiny shoulder. "You need anything, at any time, don't hesitate to call me. I'm serious. Whatever reason, and if you need me to come home I'll be back as soon as I can."

"You-you promise you're coming back?"

"Oh Moll." Bringing her sister in for a warm hug. Little arms quick to wrap around her neck. "I promise I am. Always. You and me till the end of the line."

A hiccup and a nod is the only response Charlotte receives. She brushes a light touch down the back of Molly's head, holding her close. Whispering true words into the others hair, "I love you so much. You can always count on me to come home."

A curt nod and hushed words, "Love you too Char Bar."

She pulls back, tucking away the stray hairs sticking to Molly's red eyes. "Don't have too much fun without me, alright?" She tries to tease, get that grin she wants Molly to wear.

Another affirmative nod, and those big blue eyes pouting but a small grin hiding--and Charlotte should let go and get out to Robert but she can't help herself when she scoops up the six year old, placing her on her hip as they make their way downstairs. "Sissy, where are you going?"

"George's house." Her mom voice is the one that comes next, answering (lying) for Charlotte and it's honestly easier that way because she can't imagine deceiving her sister with even something this little (but it's not little, she's leaving the country).

"Izzie's house." Charlotte clarifies, shifting Molly sturdier on her hip. "And I'll be back tomorrow."

"Right." Her mom says half distractedly. Searching for something.