Venomous

The next day at school, Stiles and Scott came barreling towards me in the hall. "We've horrible, terrible, very bad news!" Stiles exclaimed, and I shot them a curious expression. "Isaac's back." Scott clarified, and I raised an eyebrow at that.

"That's not even that bad." I admitted, and then I changed the subject and added, "I looked online for the kanima, but I only found one thing. It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

"That thing was not a jaguar." Scott spoke, and Stiles sassed, "And I'm not exactly a murderer. "If you did see it kill somebody, that's probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it won't stop until you're dead." Scott walked away from Stiles and I, and Stiles called, "You know sometimes I really begin to question this friendship."

In Economics, I sat behind Scott and Stiles with an open seat next to me. Jackson sat there, and a second later he whispered, "Hey testicle left, right, and Sydney." We all looked up and rolled our eyes as he asked, "What the hell is a kanima?"

We whipped our heads in his direction as Coach slammed a book down. "Now, listen up. Quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult, I don't think I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question."

Coach then picked on some random kid in the front row, and I tuned it out and listened to Jackson. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea of what that feels like?" He spoke angrily, and Stiles responded dryly, "I'm familiar with the sensation."

Jackson glared at him as Scott questioned, "Wait, why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" "How should I know?" Jackson retorted, and Stiles, being the lovesick puppy he is, asked, "Does he think it's Lydia?"

"I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry." Jackson said before Coach called his name, "Jackson! Is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class?" Jackson stumbled for a moment before replying, "Just an undying admiration for my coach."

I snorted at that as Coach spoke, "That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it!" When Coach walked away, Scott grabbed Stiles, and he could see that I could hear what he was saying, "How do we know it's not her?" "Because I looked into the eyes of the thing, and what I saw was pure evil. When I look into Lydia's eyes , I only see 50 percent evil. Sometimes 60, you know 40 on a good day."

I stopped him there, "Stiles, that's not a very good argument." Stiles sighed, "I swear it's not her, it can't be, alright. Lydia's fine." Right as Stiles said that, I looked up to see Lydia at the front board, crying. Coach called her name, and she seemed to snap out of it.

I took a quick picture of what she wrote on the board as Coach spoke, "Anybody else wanna try answering? This time in English." Lydia looked lost, and Scott asked me, "What is that, Greek?" I then answered, "No, I think that it actually is English." I showed them the picture, and then I flipped it. The words on the board said Someone help me.

After class, I went to my locker and met up with Allison. I quickly told her that Isaac was back as we made our way to chemistry. My sister and I walked into class, and I noticed that Scott and Stiles took mine and Allison's seats next to Lydia. We sat in two open seats in the front, and Allison gave Scott a questioning look.

Scott nodded his head towards Erica and Isaac, and Erica smirked at my twin while Isaac stared at me. "Einstein once said, 'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.' I'm not sure about the universe, but I myself have encountered infinite stupidity."

"So, to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through an around the room experiment. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one, or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, take the first station with..." He trailed off as everyone in the room, except for me, Scott, Lydia, Stiles, Isaac, and Allison.