39: Beth

"Can you add extra rice to that?" Niall asks the server behind the glass.

"Sure, which bowl?" She questions, and Niall points to the bowl on the left, of course being Niall he had to order two bowls of Chipotle instead of one, he also added a large drink and a bag of chips with mild salsa onto his meal. I don't understand where all the food goes, he's literally a toothpick.

"So, spill." Niall says with a very serious face after we're done paying for our food and sit down at one of the tables. I was just about to bite into my burrito, I groan.

"Niall it's not really what I want to talk about while eating my precious burrito." I make an excuse. I am starting to think that Niall only asked me to come with him to Chipotle to interrogate me about my recent mood change. After Zayn told me what Harry had done to his sister, I couldn't help but feel down. I was actually starting to gain feelings for Harry, well shit I still do have feelings for him to be honest.

"Fine, I'll just ask him." Niall says, his mouth full of food I look up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Ask who?"

"Harry." Niall says with a smirk. I follow his eyes and turn around to see Harry standing in the line, his eyes are focused on his phone in his hand.

"Shit!" I say. The whole reason I blocked him was to avoid him while I thought this whole thing through, he can not see me. I think of a way to hide because I am literally in plain sight. Niall takes another scoop of his food before wiping off his hands on his pants then gets up. I pick up his fork he just put down.

"Beth what the hell?" Niall exclaims as he moves out of the way just in time before I can poke him with the fork.

I scowl as I watch him continue to walk toward the line where Harry is standing, I turn around in my chair and hope to God that Niall doesn't bring Harry back here. Just in case he does I wrap my burrito back up and put it in the paper bag.

"Yeah, man she's been out of it, I think you two should talk." I hear Niall's accent close behind me. I grab a handful of Niall's extra rice from his bowl and smother it all over my face before I can think twice about it, it sticks onto my face. 

"Beth, look who I foun-" Niall starts to talk but stops when he sees my face, his mouth forms an O. I smile like there's nothing wrong, Harry steps out from behind Niall and when he sees my cilantro rice covered face he gives me a weird look.

"Oh Niall you didn't tell me you were inviting a friend, who's this?" I ask and look from Niall to Harry, trying my best to not let my voice waver. Niall looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"Beth, what?" Niall asks, he looks at Harry who looks nothing but hurt. Niall is about to speak again but I get a napkin as I get up from my seat and start to wipe the rice off my face.

"Well would you look at the time? I gotta get going." I say quickly and grab my bag with my burrito in it.

"But Beth I drove us here!" Niall says as I start to walk towards the exit door.

"I'll ride the bus!" I exclaim when I reach the exit door, the cool air rushes in and I step outside and start to walk towards the bus stop I think I spotted on the way here.

"Beth!" I hear that deep voice I have been avoiding for almost a week now, I keep walking. "Beth wait!"

"What do you want Harry?!" I spin around to face him, he jogs to catch up with me, cars speed by us as we stand on the grass by the road. He runs a hand through his long hair, I wish I could be doing that, wait what? Stupid brain shut up.

"Beth, why did you block me? What did I do?" Harry asks me and there's real concern in his voice.

"Why don't you ask Waliyha?"

Harry's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion, "Who?" he asks.

"Zayn's sister, the one you made a bet on!" I almost yell in his face.

"Did Zayn tell you that? Beth I would never make bets on any human being you can't believe a word Zayn says. He hates me don't you know that?" Harry exclaims. I look into his eyes and they never leave mine.

"Ugh! I don't know what to believe Harry!" I yell and it feels good to yell, it lets out some of the anger I didn't know I had inside me, so, I scream. Harry immediately takes me into his arms and holds me tight. I stop screaming, I can hear his heartbeat.

"Believe me." Harry says his voice is low and I have to strain to hear, "Beth believe me." I look up into Harry's face. He smiles and his dimple shows, I take a hold of his face and bring it down to mine, then I kiss him.