♚8. BREATHE

"The truth will set you free

   "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off."- Gloria Steinem 

  (WARNING: This chapter deals with very serious issues regarding their society. Please be prepared to read.)

J o r d y n T a m e

"WHAT IS THE term for when water freezes, boils and melts at the same time?" Brooke asks me.

"Triple point," I answer causing her to smile before turning to Lisa.

Lisa shakes her head. "The only reason she beat me is because you gave her the easiest definitions." Lisa says rolling her eyes.

Brooke chuckles. "Damn Lisa, I didn't know you were so petulant."

"I'm not being petulant, I'm simply calling out injustice." Lisa comments as if she was an attorney or an spokesperson for inclusion.

"Guys," I start intervening. "shouldn't we be getting back to the real reason we're all here."

   After schooling, we all decided to meet up in my room to study for the exam that was coming up in two days. Brooke had told me that most exams at the facility were 50% of one's grade.

Brooke's phone goes off causing her to avert her attention to the screen. She looks up with a annoyed expression on her face while getting off of my bed. "The nurses changed their minds about the time they wanted me to check in. I'm sorry, Jordyn."

I nod my head understandingly while watching her slip on her Vans and walk out the door.

Lisa sighs while revising the study guide. "Some of this stuff I don't remember being taught." She complains while putting the study guide back into her binder.

    I stay quiet still trying to revise. This exam was going to be my first grade in the grade book. I couldn't fail this, if anything, I had to make this my best grade.

"So, I'm guessing you met Miranda." Lisa says all of the sudden making me look at her in slight shock. "I overheard her rambling about you last night."

"You're friends with her?" I question.

She shakes her head. "Not exactly, for my extra curricular activity, I am taking warrior training. She's the co-instructor there." Lisa explains.

"So she was just going on and on about me to her students? I find that a little unprofessional." I mutter under my breath.

Lisa chuckles before turning her body to face me. "She's just a little overprotective of her brother. She has seen things happen to him that we couldn't bare to imagine. Don't take it to heart."

I roll my eyes before giving Lisa a smile. I didn't want to talk about this anymore. It was emotionally exhausting talking about people that weren't even around at the moment. "So can I sign up for these extra curricular activities?"