† Nineteen †

"Yui wait!!" I cried, running towards my best friend. I know well that she's crying right now. After hearing my brothers' confession especially Aya-nii, I'm sure it broke him really big.

I managed to catch up, probably because of the vampric abilities I got after understanding how 'Link' works that I was able to outrun her. "Please stop!!" I begged as I hugged, preventing her to get away.

It was a hard struggle for a while, seeing a vampire and a human with abilities of a vampire fought each other. Finally calming down the storm, Yui spoke to break the heavy atmosphere. "Why?? Why does it have to be you??"

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to..."

"You're my best friend, Yumi-chan... Ever since, all the man I loved always loved you more than me... I know that unlike me, you had a painful past which is why all I wanted is for you to be happy..." she sobbed "But why do you even have to take Ayato away?? He was the man I first truly loved and knowing that half of his heart belongs to you... I... I don't know what to do!!"

I hugged Yui harder, sobbing the way she do. It wasn't the first time something like this happened. To be honest, the same thing happened with Leo. I was in love with him and Yui too.

At first, I was the bridge for the two of them to be together until we didn't realize that our heart fell for each other, Leo and I. Yui and I had a fight forcing me to decide to just let h go.

But Yui... She treasured our friendship more and decided to let him go first before I could even decide. She was finally able to completely move on until now.

It hurts so much. Seeing her cry like this, I don't know what to. Knowing I was the reason for it. Especially when the man is my brother and they're already engaged.

"I've always been the reason of your heartache and yet, you always put me first rather than yourself..." I hicupped, weep finally subsided "This time... Please let me return all the favor that you've done for me"

"No, Yumi-chan..." Yui shook her head "You're nice, caring and easy to love... You always give and never ask for return... Ayato deserves you more than I am"

"I'm sorry, Yui... But I can't do that" I said "I can't let you take the pain again... Aren't we bestfriends..??"

Yui looked at me but somehow, her eyes doubted me. She bowed her head not saying anything. I know that our friendship have already been tainted and it was just us who tries to build it up even in reality, it can't be repaired anymore...

.

3rd Person POV...

.

The rest of the brothers were there, hidding yet listening to the conversation. All were silent, some were frustrated while most were having a hard time to keep it in. Knowing that it was their fault for letting themselves fall.

"I'm sorry!! It was all my fault!!" Azusa cried, kneeling infront of his brothers who teleported back to the mansion. "I shouldn't have been so stupid and letting my feelings get the best of me..."

"You've done nothing wrong, Azusa" Christa said, soothing her back "Sooner or later, it will come out eventually... So don't punish yourself, okay?? All of you will always be my children and I will always be here for you..."

Azusa couldn't take it anymore and embraced her tightly as if she was the last thing on earth. Also seeing him, the brothers all couldn't take it anymore and finally, they all cried.

Christa reached her arm at them, gesturing like an affectionate mother. Soon, they all comforted each other. Crying their hearts out with the true family they've found.