Chapter 10. Names and Places

Chapter 10.

Names and Places.

When Lynwood woke up, he saw Sofia sitting next to him with a frown.

"FINALLY, you're awake; I've been up for ages and ages waiting for you!"

"What time is it?" he asked groggily.

"How should I know? Come on Lynwood, I'm starving hungry. Feed me!"

Lynwood sighed. "Ever thought of maybe saying 'please'? I've already done so much and all you can do is demand things from me."

"Please feed me." Sofia said and battered her eyelashes. Lynwood laughed the sudden change of character and helped his sister out of the nest and nearer to the fireplace. Soon the children were munching on bread and cheese while considering what they should do next.

"I really have to deliver the letter. It seemed pretty important to father that somehow I get it to the king's nephew."

"Lynwood, you know I can't go anywhere and I will point out that you don't know where the king's nephew lives."

"Father said in the capital of Arrol."

"And where Arrol located?"

"I have no idea."

"Then we can't deliver the letter. Face it, Lynwood, there are just some things that can't be done. We are just children, we are not well educated, we don't know how to fight, so what can we do?"

"We can try," Lynwood spoke firmly, a fire burning in his eyes. "We have to try!"

"Lynwood be realistic!"

"I can't afford to be realistic right now."

The dragon had been sitting silently, listening to Lynwood and Sofia debate. He didn't understand most of what they were saying, but he did understand that they needed help to take something to the capital city, and he could tell from the way Lynwood was behaving that it was pretty desperate.

As stated before, this dragon had never liked humans. Actually he had always hated them, but these children were different. They seemed to be caught up in a great big mess, a mess chidren where not supposed to be caught up in, and in that moment, the wise dragon decided to help them.

He growled a bit to get Lynwood's attention, then motioned towards the gave door. Lynwood immidiately got the point.

"Sofia, what if I were to ride on the dragon? He could take me there; it would be a lot faster and hardly dangerous. I've already ridden him down the mountain, and I think he doesn't mind taking me to the capital"

"And what about me?"

"You? You could stay here. It is safe, no one will come, and you are high and far from danger."

"Oh, and what if some other dragon decides to pay me a visit?"

"I don't think there will be any other dragons. it's not like dragons go around visiting each other. From what I've read they are pretty solitary animals. Don't give me that look. Not everything about them is true, but some stuff might be."

Sofia sat pondering for a moment; then she glanced at the dragon, who was still standing at the cave entrance. "How do you know if he will take you that far?"

"It was his idea in the first place."

"How do you know?"

"I just do. I could tell by the look in his eyes. I know this is crazy, but everything that has happened to us so far has been crazy. Let's just go with it and see where it will lead us. We have no other option."