12.

i love weki meki 

mostly because my baby yoo-jung is in it 

Don't forget to read the note and check out the inline comment at the end of the chapter to find out how to read the unedited version of WUAD for free!

CHAPTER - TWELVE

Where in the world could it have gone?

I opened a bunch of drawers, pulling out everything in them, tossing and turning everything in my room upside down. Pushing my hair back, teeth biting at my lower lip, I sit on the floor of my room, thinking of where I could've kept my mother's locket. I'd never misplaced it, not even once, in all these years of owning it. And now, all of a sudden, it was nowhere to be found.

I don't get it. 

It was safely kept in a little trinket box in the second drawer of my bedside table. 

And now it was suddenly missing? 

Tears of frustration threatened to fall as I began to hate myself over losing something so important to me. And then in my mind, the face of a snake-eyed blonde flashes. Cherry. That bleached haired, elf-like woman could be behind this.

My fists clenched on my lap.

Before I'd left for school yesterday morning, I'd seen her sneaking around the house, wearing nothing but a large shirt - one that belonged to my father. She was quiet as she looked around the house but failed to realize that I was downstairs by the kitchen island. And when she finally turned and caught sight of me, the sneaky blonde flashed me a cheeky smile. She'd muttered a 'Good morning' before slipping away, back to my father's room.

I'd left after that to prevent myself from throwing up my breakfast. This was all too real. Too fast, too soon. My cold father had been melted down by this pixie-like woman. And he had no consideration of how it would affect me - it was clear in the way I was introduced to her.

I mean, he had to have known I was in the house!

Ok, back to the necklace. It's not like I wore the necklace often. Especially now, with demon boy's necklace around my neck at all times. But still, it was my mother's. Her memory. I needed it with me to feel connected to her. And the possibility of carelessly losing it was making me nervous. Moreover, the suspicion that my dad's girlfriend could be behind this was making my head spin.

Releasing a breath, I slapped my hands on my lap, convincing myself that I was overthinking about this.

"Okay, calm down, Faye. It's alright. It has to be here." I repeated to myself.

Standing up, I looked at myself in my mirror and then at the clock on the wall. I don't know what it was but something had me want to check up on the necklace today morning. With it being lost and me spending a good amount of time trying to find it, I was definitely going to be late for school. I decided to change my shirt and quickly rub on deodorant before I left because all the searching had made me sweat so bad that my shirt was visibly damp in the underarm area.