Chapter 2: They Invented Cellphones For a Reason

Chapter II: They Invented Cellphones For a Reason

"Hey cute geeky girl." Drew said while sitting next to me on a bench in the school courtyard.

"Urm hey." I said while flipping a page in my book.

"Do you seriously just sit here every morning? You know that school starts in an hour." He said letting out a chuckle.

"Yeah I just got here early for today." I said while giving him a small smile. And crossing my leg.

"Oh why?" He asked sounding curious all of a sudden.

I got in a fight with my brother this morning about his party that I'm clearly not invited to but I really want to go. And it's being held at my house. Which is bull because I deserve to go since it's being held at my house, it's like saying that I can't go to my house for the night. My parents really aren't any help because they have their own party that they are going to.

"Just my big brother is throwing some party with his friends at our house and I can't go to it. So we got in a huge argument over it." I said while closing my book.

"Wow, when is it?" He asked while getting out his phone and putting it on his lap.

"Saturday night." I said while clearing my throat.

"Ah okay, hey will just let me know if you want to do something that night away from your house." He said while flashing me a smile.

"Okay? Do you agree with him?" I asked while raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms.

"I mean those parties are pretty messed up. That's why I hardly go to any that some of our classmates throw." He said with a sigh.

"Oh, and how will I let you know?" I asked him while uncrossing my leg and looking at him.

"They invented cellphones for a reason." He said with a laugh while pointing to his phone.
I mentally slapped myself. Why is this obnoxious jock making me feel this way?

I mean, he's just an average player who might play me. Like he does with all the others. I try not to listen to those rumors about him, because I'm not much of a fan of them. It's just typical high school, it's a boring place so why not make some sort of entertainment while you're here.

"Oh right." I said while handing him my phone and him handing over his to me.
After we exchanged numbers, he smiled at me then stood up which made me stand up.

It looks like he was lost in thought. What on earth was he thinking so hard about? I noticed how when he thinks of something, he furrows his eyebrows together and looks down. Which I find completely cute in a guy.

"Would you want to go to Starbucks with me? I'll pay." He said while flashing me his pearly whites.

"Um yeah sure. As long as we won't be late." I said while giving him a serious look on my face.

"Don't worry. I promise that we won't be late for school." He said with a chuckle and grabbed my hand and we started to walk out the doors.

♕|♕|♕|♕|

"This is clearly the best." I moaned while taking another sip of my green tea frappucino.

"Clearly." He said with a laugh then sipped on his coffee.

"So tell me about yourself." I said with a chuckle and played with my dark green straw.

"Okay. Well I play lacrosse just like my older brother and sister do. My favorite color is lime green. I have a small birthmark on my hip the shape of a potato. I have no allergies. I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah. And I'm a player as you heard." He said with a frown at the last part.
I was just looking at him. Why is he a player? I have so many other questions but I'm not going to push him. Maybe some other time.