Interspecies Relationships.

*Please vote folks, my reads are shooting up which is great but I need votes and comments to keep me higher up the What's Hot chart :) Each vote only counts for that specific chapter so don't forget to click that vote button in each chapter you read! It is highly appreciated :) - feel free to nip back and vote on chapters you might have forgotten to before!*

For the first time in her life, as far as she could remember, Elsa was panicking about what to wear. Her wardrobe consisted of various pairs of jeans, a multitude of band t-shirts, her old school uniform, a few hoodies, three different colours of Converse trainers and a pair of Doc Martin boots. What the hell was she going to wear to a club on New Years Eve? After emptying the entire contents of her wardrobe onto the floor she was disappointed to discover that there were no long lost dresses she’d forgotten she had but she did find a pair of strappy kitten heels she’d once borrowed from Kate. She’d worn them to the party that had changed her life; the night she’d become a vampire.

Shaking the memory from her head, the shoes did at least prompt her to do the only thing sensible thing she could do at this point and ten minutes later she was at Kate’s front door.

“Everyone’s out,” said Kate ushering her in, “So before we sort out your outfit you have to tell me how your talk with Sebastian went.” She was clearly excited at the prospect of some gossip, “When I didn’t hear from you yesterday I assumed no news was good news?”

Elsa was frantically trying to decide exactly what to tell Kate about her evening but she needn’t have bothered. As usual Kate seemed to be the only person in the world that Elsa could communicate with telepathically, whether she wanted to or not.

“Oh my god!” Kate exclaimed, without a single word coming out of Elsa’s mouth, “It went well didn’t it? I mean it went really well!” She nodded as if to drive her point home, Elsa got it loud and clear and gently banged her head on the kitchen table.

“Kate, can’t I have any secrets from you?” she asked, knowing that she did of course keep a lot of secrets from her closest friend.

“Nope,” said Kate brightly, “I can’t believe it though, you little minx! So that’s it then, you two are a thing now? You’d better be if you did what I think you did. Was it good? You don’t have to say. Yes you do, just don’t give me all the gory details. On second thoughts do!”

Elsa laughed, “I’m not going to kiss and tell,” she said and Kate pouted but didn’t push her.

“Are you happy?” she asked instead.

“Very”

“And are you sure it’s what you want?”

“Very,” Elsa was smiling, “I want you to get to know him, the him that I see.” Well, maybe not all of it, “He’s coming out with me tonight.”

Kate clapped her hands and jumped up, “Which makes the right outfit all the more important,” she said and grabbed Elsa’s hand, pulling her upstairs.

Elsa soon found herself in Kate’s bedroom having various tiny scraps of fabric thrown in her direction with the insistence that she would look AMAZING in all of them.

Holding up a purple sparkly item, Elsa couldn’t even decide which way up it was supposed to go and looked doubtfully at Kate, “I don’t know,” she said, “None of them feel me.”

“You’re just not used to getting dressed up,” Kate insisted and she looked at all the items of clothing she’d selected so far and pulled a face, “No, you’re right, they’re not you.” She looked suddenly triumphant, “I’ve got it!” She disappeared into the wardrobe again and reappeared with another dress. It was black, it was simple, it looked tiny, “Try it on,” Kate thrust it towards Elsa’s doubtful face. She took the dress and went to the bathroom; at least it was black.