The Beginning

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Evory's POV

Here I am. Returning to the town that has destroyed my life. After escaping when my susposedly "parents" died. When they died it was my chance to leave and search for my real parents.

Since I was twelve years old I've known I wasn't Elenas real sister, nor Grayson and Miranda Gilbert were my real parents.

It's sad really knowing for almost your whole life that the persons that are raising you aren't your real parents. But, to me it isn't. Why? Because they never treated me like a daughter. I mean, calling your daughter a monster isn't treating her like a daughter.

It was like that almost my whole 21 years of living. My life is basically based on tragedy. That's what the people in Mystic Falls doesn't know.

They treated Elena better than me, even they knowing it wasn't her real daughter. They forgot about Jeremy their real son.

That's why I hate most of the people in Mystic Falls. But, enough about me, I want to know the latest drama in Mystic Falls. I know about the supernatural, the council, everything.

I was coming back, but it wasn't going to be the same as before. I will fight not for Elena, if not, for myself. Why? Because I'm tired to be Elena's shadow.

Elena's POV

It's been a couple of months since we started school and I don't know where Evory is.  When our parents died the next day she packed everything up and left.

I still don't know why. Maybe becuase she was grieving in a different way than me or Jeremy.

Anyway today's Founders Day. Hopefully all the tomb vampires are out of the town. And we don't have to worry tonight.

"Elena are you okay?" Asked Stefan.

"Yeah. Just thinking." I responded to him. He still looked at me doubtfully, but let it go.

Then Caroline came over to me to tell me that I should go to the carriage were the participants of Miss Mystic Falls will be for the Founders Day parade.

After the parade and all that finished I was walking with Stefan when Damon joined us, gripping my hand in his.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. "Saving your life 15 words or less." He says stopping us and turning to Stefan. "Tomb vampires are here. Founding families are the targets. Get her out of here. Now." He said.

"Wait what about my brother?" I asked him.

"What about him?" Another voice said. We all turned around at the new voice to only see my sister Evory standing there smirking.

"Evory," I breathed out, "you're here." I finished saying.

"What did you expect? For me to never come back? I'm not that cruel, Elena." She said.

Evory's POV

"...I'm not that cruel, Elena." I told her.

"Who is she?" Asks none other than Damon Salvatore. Looking at Elenas other side I saw his brother and if I'm right thats her boyfriend, Stefan Salvatore.

"Ouch. You didn't tell them about me that hurts little sister. And here I was thinking that you were missing me. Oh, for your information I'm Evory Gilbert, Elenas older twin sister." I said.

"I'm Da..." Damon started but I interrupted him.

"Damon and Stefan Salvatore. The famous Salvatore Brothers."

"How do you know about us?" Said Damon acting defensive.

"Oh cut the crap. Everyone knows about the Salvatore Brothers in the supernatural. Anyway that isn't important. What is happening?"

"Tomb vampires are attacking tonight, founding families are the targets." Stefan said.

"Okay. I imagine uncle John is here too. And, with the Gilbert watch." I said.

"Yes he is. But, the Gilbert watch won't work right now we despelled it." Damon said

"Yeah? Who did it?" I asked.

"Bonnie did it." Elena said.

"Its still spelled. She didn't dispelled it. She made you believe she did. Okay. Go to the festival with Stefan Elena. Damon go fetch vampires. Be careful both of you with the watch." I said to them leaving.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked.

"Nothing you need to know. Go."

I turned around and left. I was looking for John but I saw him dragging Damon to the basement of my dad's clinic.

I stayed in the shadows without him seeing me. I stepped out and he got alarmed.

"So tell me, are you going to kill him so they can get to Elena much faster or because you don't want Elena in danger? Because if it is for that you're doing an exceptional job doing that." I said to him confusing him.

"What do you know Evory?" He asked frowning. I smirked.

"You don't want to find out. Trust me." I said smirking.

"Bye bye John. Dissappear again if you don't want to face Elena after what you've done." I said to him. I really don't care what Elena thinks or what anybody thinks, I just care for me.

You could say I'm a bitch, like Katerina but, what good there is caring for a person who doesn't care for you? I prefer being a bitch anyway its way more better and fun

Anyway I saw Elena and Stefan coming my way with Bonnie.

"Evory have you seen Damon?" Elena asked panicked.

"I saw uncle John throw him in dad's clinic basement. After it, it was set on fire I would've done something but I can't." I said to her.

I know I could've done something I'm just not putting myself at risk. Elena and Stefan rushed to the backdoor of the clinic with Bonnie following them.

When I got there they already got Damon out. So I turned on my heel and walked towards my car so I could already go home.

I got home and took out my luggage and walked right in saying hi to aunt Jenna who was very excited to see me.

After a while Jenna told me she was going to the hospital because Caroline had an accident and uncle John was injured. She asked if I wanted to go but I told her that I wasn't going becuase I wanted to take the night off and she was okay with that.

I heard her walk out and someone walked in. I knew who it was so I got downstairs.

"You know Katerina you put on quite the show if I must say." I said to her startling her. I laughed at her.

"Seems you are the intelligent one here. I like you better than your sister."

"So it seems. Wow the most selfish person has feelings we wouldn't have known. Anyways leave before you get caught. Hope to see you soon Katerina."

"Feeling is quite mutual Rory." She said to me. We smiled at eachother and then she left.

I turned around and walked up the stairs tired of this night already. I changed the clothes I was using and got in bed. Sleep  taking over me completely.