Chapter 20: Heres- Ice Sheet (Witness) Part 3

(Heres POV)

"Save him, he's the last one of us! The sacred Berwain blood is in him! He's the chosen one. He will be the one to save us" 

Huh, what am I seeing?

Where on Earth am I? Why can't I see myself? How is this even possible? Why is everyone here so dull? Why does everyone here look so afraid?

There was a woman with rashes and cuts all over her face. She wasn't the only one who liked like they were beaten up. Everyone there was running away from something. Someone perhaps. I can't seem to figure out what's going on? Why am I there? Was it because I made contact with Galleio's hand? Was that some sort of trigger? So many things are going on in my mind right now I can't even focus on a single thing! 

I walked up to some people looked around for a while and decided to ask a stranger what's going on. "Hey, what happened here?" I asked. 

He did not look at me.

"Hello? Is everything here alright? Why is everyone running away?"

Yet no response. 

He couldn't hear me. I tapped on his shoulder and no, not even a slight change in his reaction. He looked away for a while and heard his wife call him and thus went away. 

"I'll.. I'll name him Heres Berwandes." 

What? Did I just hear my name? As soon as I heard my name being called out I quickly ran towards the mother who had a child in her arms. The sun was setting, the land was filled with ashes and I could definitely smell fire from afar. 

The baby was crying in the arms of his mother. The mother held him tightly as she nuzzled him. Women surrounded her trying to comfort her by running their palms down her shoulder. 

"Attack them, don't spare women or children!"  

It was a complete blood bath, bodies everywhere, nothing made sense. But, they couldn't see me, no one could see me for some reason. "Save him, please! He's the last one here. There's no one left here, save the child!"

Are they talking about? Saving me? In a distance I saw a couple holding a baby in their dear arms as they tried to push forward of the crowd and make their way outside it. The mother held the baby up and was screaming and shouting about the baby being the son of God.

"Please just let me go. Please make way, he's the only one here! Please someone!" as she was screaming the mobs surrounded the crowd. All I could do was watch, from afar. "Take the child away and run away! Keep him alive Haris!" She pushed the child into his arms and walked in front of the mob. "What the hell are you doing!" Haris yelled. "Do what I'm telling you to do Haris, you need to leave me here!" 

"I can't do that!" He retorted in hopes he could save his wife and child. Suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

Oh

"Listen If I could save both of you-"

"You can't."

"Haris, I'm not here anymore."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I know."

"Mhm."

"Wouldn't it be nice if this never happened?"

"Yes."

"Where are you right now?"

"You're gonna meet me soon Haris."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."