Chapter Fifteen.

Rakim

"Aye, play that shit again."

Ferg asked me to come to the studio with him. Studio sections with Ferg always be tight cause dawg be spitting straight fire. Rapping is one of Ferg's hidden talents that only the mob know about.

Work blasted through the studio as I nodded my head to it.

"Ballinnnnnnn', got me feelin' like Jim Jones. I'm a pimp doe, no limp doe. Couldn't copy my style in Kinkos. Put in work, run up on a killer then I put him in the dirt." Ferg rapped along as he leaned back in the chair.

"That shit hard, bro."

"Preciate it," he said turning the volume down. "I really want yo ass to get on it."

"Bruh, you know i'on rap."

"Nigga you write poems, might as well say you rap."

"How the fuck you know I write poems?" I leaned up from the studio couch.

"Nigga I know a lot of shit about you," He laughed. "You gone get on the track?"

I tucked in my lips. "I'on know, dawg. Rappin' ain't my cup of tea."

"Little feminine bitch." He laughed and turned back around to the computer.

I shook my head and slouched down on the couch. Me writing poems was something nobody knew about except my pops. Poetry is like art to me. I mostly write about my life and shit around me.

I'm not gone lie, it would be nice to be on the work track but I think Ferg can handle that track by himself.

"You ready for that trip to Cali?"

Tay invited me and Ferg to Cali with her and Lauren. Can you believe she invited me? Shocked the hell out of me.

"Hell yeah, we gotta call up Q and Kendrick when we get there."

"Bet."

"I heard Q got a daughter."

"Yeah, she like one now." Ferg responded, playing a few samples of instrumentals.

"Tay birthday tomorrow, right?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"What you plan on doin'?"

"I bought her a few gifts and shit. L said she takin' her to a Joeybada$$ concert."

"Oh word?"

He nod his head and started writing something down on a notepad. I looked around the studio until I got influenced to write a rap but didn't want to write it here.

"How long you gone be here?"

"Like another hour."

"Aight, well dawg I'ma catch up with you later." I stood up handshaking with him.

"Aight, preciate you comin' and think about what I said."

"No problem and I'll think about it, bro."

I caught a cab back to my house since I didn't drive my car. I thanked and paid the cab driver. I walked in the house and the smelling of shrimp alfredo and garlic bread hit my nose.

"Hey ma." I said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey baby." She smiled stirring the shrimp alfredo.

I ignored her boyfriend that was sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper. I'm glad she didn't let his ass move in with us, but he still be here like he stay here. Like damn, go home.