Chapter 7- Falling for the Slytherin

JUST A REMINDER YOU ARE READING THE OLD VERSION, THIS IS NOT THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION. THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION IS EITHER THE RED COVER (MATURE) OR THE BLUE COVER (CLEAN VERSION).

--------------------------------------

The next morning Harry walked into the great hall with a bright eyes shining. He had a microscopic upward twist on his lips. He couldn't quite pinpoint why he enjoyed Draco's company the previous night. They just had a conversation and then went flying. It was a simple outing and could be done with any girl and probably would have had the same reaction on Harry's part.

Harry sat down in his usual spot at the Gryffindor table, next to Ron and Hermione. Thankfully Ron and him made up after the first task when he came to his senses. He immediately shoveled scrambled eggs onto his plate with a piece of bacon and a slice of toast. Ron was already finished and slurping in his pumpkin juice while Hermione was chewing on a sausage.

"Good morning Harry," Hermione said as she wiped her mouth from stray crumbs. She received a very cheerful smile back with a good morning along with it.

"Aye mate, what's got you all smiley this morning?" Ron said.

"It was his date last night," Hermione interrupted.

"Shh," Harry scolded. "May as well announce it to the entire Hall why don't you?" He really didn't have a cover story for the date with Draco, so he just played it off as he came up with fairy tales of the perfect girl.

"What date? How come he didn't tell me he had a date? With who," Ron pushed, feeling left out.

"It wasn't a date," Harry argued, "I was seeing whether or not I liked the girl and I kinda did."

"Kinda," Ron questioned, sipping on his pumpkin juice.

"Well.... she surprised me."

"Well who is it then?" Hermione was practically begging.

"I'm not saying yet," Harry smiled to himself and continued eating. He heard a groan coming from his friend's mouths.

"And how was your night," he asked the two of them.

"Well, we-" Ron was interrupted by owls flying through the great hall to deliver mail. Everywhere you looked, children's eyes would light up whether it be a copy of the Daily Prophet or a letter from a loved one.

Something out of the ordinary occurred. A tawny school owl dropped off a small piece of parchment onto Harry's plate, then flew away as quickly as it came. Harry examined the piece of paper as unrecognizable. The color was darker and looked extremely durable. Harry unfolded the note to see extremely neat handwriting. It was signed in emerald ink and was scripted in the purest of cursive Harry had ever layed eyes on. It read:

Same time same place. Bring a broom. 

D.

Before anyone could read it, Harry shoved it in his robe pocket, and he thanked Godric everyone was preoccupied with a hideous pair if dress robes Ron got in the mail. Hermione received her usual copy of the Prophet. Articles aligned in black and white displayed gossip of the tournament with the front page an article of Harry. The picture above the writing was Hermione and himself embracing and tearing apart right before the first task. He knew this wouldn't be good. Hermione's answer on the subject was just 'rubbish" and she moved on skimming story's and texts alike.

Harry couldn't keep himself from looking up at Draco wondering if he has seen the article. Draco felt his stares and looked up with his eyes close to watering and the Gryffindor felt his heart hurt. Dismay engulfed his features.