Chapter 18

As I tried to scramble up to a sitting position the man helped me, his hands were shaking with excitement. I quickly fixed my tank top as it had risen over my stomach, exposing the non stretched marked belly.

"Wha-How?" I asked

"I don't know what has happened but I thank the Gods that it did finally happen." He spoke in his velvety tone.

I reached up to cup his face, holding his cheek he leaned into my touch slightly smiling. I narrowed my eyes causing a crease in my forehead.

"What? You are supposed to be ash. The sunlight should have killed you!" I spoke harshly to him.

He flinched and looked to the ground sheepishly. "I don't know. All I remember is taking you to the exhibit, chanting the spell then having a searing pain thunder into me. It was weird. I could tell exactly what was going on, except I had no control over it; over what I said, did, or thought."

"Some hurtful things were said between you and I, you left in a hurry clearly upset. I wanted to follow you so bad, but when I got close to convincing the 'other guy' (A:N See what I did there?!) to follow and apologize it was like he told me to hold on. When you left you told me to remember your father."

"Then all memories pertaining him came back, the 'other guy' saw him as good, and I managed to somehow tell him a day later in the sunlight what had happened. I was living Natasha. Living! I had missed the feel of the sun, the brightness and the radiant glow it gave off. That glow I had missed so much, that glow only comes from two things: The sun, and your whole being, your smile, eyes, skin, and personality just makes you glow."

"When he told me to hold on I didn't know what he meant until I first felt the sun. I got most power over my brain again and I went to Larry, to ask where you were and what had happened. The sunlight had given me control over my brain since I am a descendant of Ra the sun God that's what helped me fight of the 'other guy'. I stuck mostly to the shadows, afraid that I would die again. When I couldn't find him anywhere I went to his office, only when I opened the door sunlight flooded into the hallway.

"He had the blinds up and the light nearly blinded me. I had prepared myself for a brutal death but it never came. So I came here when I talked to your father asking where you were and how I could reach you."

My love, my Ahkmenrah was here. And alive! I didn't know what to feel, all this information swam around my head that it started to make me dizzy.

I only did what I knew I could do best.

I wrapped my arms around him and smashed my lips against his. Tears, both mine and his, flowed freely causing our kisses to turn salty.

"Your here. Your actually here!" I mumbled on his lips. I pulled away and placed my head on his shoulder holding him close. "I love you." I told him.

"I love you too my queen."

I sat back against the pillows breathing in a deep sigh of relief. "Will you come back to the museum with me tomorrow night?" I winced at the question.

"Ahk, I can't, and besides your mortal now and you will need your rest."

"Why can't you come back with me?" He looked confused, "When I left you, I was having sharp pains, and sure enough I was stressed out too much. Then I fell and hit my stomach pretty hard on the ground." His eyes widened in concern and a little bit of fear.

"The baby..." He whispered placing a hand on my stomach, this touch was like no other. It was the most cautious that he's been about touching my belly and let me tell you, he was already careful enough.

"Is fine." I finished for him, "The doctor said that we were lucky that I didn't fall too hard. I'm on bed rest, so I can't leave this bed unless I need to use the bathroom, get a shower, or if no one is home and I need stuff from the kitchen."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course my queen, you can ask me anything."

"Who was the other guy? Was it your brother or who the hell was he? Because I will give them a piece of my mind for trying to rip my family apart."

He grabbed my shoulders to steady me as I was getting all worked up about the 'other guy'. "It's was me Natasha. Well, not me as in this me, but the past me. The Ancient Egyptian me."

I yawned nodding my head seeing that it was two am. I patted my belly gently twice before pulling the covers on top of me.

"Well, I'm just glad your back is all. We both need sleep cuz trust me, when this little one comes we will get no sleep."

He chuckled a little before climbing in next to me. Of course he first removed his cape, headpiece, and sandals. Then he took off his bottoms leaving him in these underwear looking like thing.

His arms snaked around me holding me tightly as his head was in my neck giving me small feather light kisses every now and then.

My world was at peace. For now.