Part forty

Dan P.O.V. 

Every cell in my body was screaming guilt and regret as I watched Phil break down right in front of me. And that's why I left - I couldn't stand to see the sight of the damage I had created. 

I wanted to go back and comfort him and tell I was sorry, tell him that I loved him and that I would never hurt him again, but I couldn't. My legs kept taking me forwards no matter how much I tried to make them turn back around. 

Maybe it was for the best, I might've made it worse and I wasn't sure if I could've coped with it. Phil was the stronger one out of the two of us, he was rarely upset about anything so when he was you knew it was bad and knowing it was my fault made it near impossible to face him. 

I loved Phil, but I knew that if I really loved him I wouldn't love PJ too. 

If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.

"Fallen" was a bit of a stretch but I gussed the quote was true, whoever said it. 

I kept walking, the feeling of jet lag forgotten but the touch of adrenaline touching my veins quite new. I hated myself for where I was going but it had to be done, it had to.