Ch.53 - A Dance To Remember

I just have a feeling you guys are going to both be happy with me and mad at me :))

Enjoy!
________________________________________________

The second round of shots hit the table with a heavy thud. The server grins as Jules stuffs a two generous dollar bill into his hand gently, yet not soberly. The ceremonial clinking of glasses mixed with slurred enthusiasm, the substance burning as it goes down in one gulp. Charlotte swipes at her alcohol stained lips, a burnt aftertaste clinging to her palette as she finds her body relaxing further into the plushy backrest of the booth. It's red interior soft against her and only more welcoming as she pushes the empty glass to the centre of the table with a single hiccup.

Starting from one side of the booth, is Lexie. Gesticulating wildly as she's enthusiastic with her story telling, focus intent on Patrick. Her eyes filled with pure joy as she recalls an apparently funny moment she'd encountered in her med program and how well gin was getting her through some exams--clarifying to say she's not drinking at school, only when studying. But still. A good helpful tool she leans on to let go of her anxieties.

Next sat Jules, elbow rested on the cleaned table and chin propped on her open palm. Watching the conversation flow and adding in her own tid bits with matched enthusiasm when she felt like it. Her watchful eyes often gazing out over the rest of them gathered around the booth, much like Charlottes been doing, and looking pleased to see her friends so happy and reunited.

Patrick sat straight, fiddling with his empty drink, tossing the glass from hand to hand as he exchanged opinions with Lexie. Often doing a little amused dance in his seated spot, anxious to get out and actually start to mingle in the crowds. Or so he mentioned. Something about a girl he'd seen at the bar that had intrigued him in line earlier. Patty patted Jules on the back, giving her a warm stare as Lexie excitedly ranted on about a television show she'd recently watched and how one of the characters could've resembled herself.

Jeffrey had caught wind of that comment and sent a smooth pickup line her way that did nothing but getting him swatted at. Now though Jeff was just leaning in close to Charlotte and Robert, often telling them stories, and asking them about themselves. It was sweet. His rugged energy a lot like Roberts albeit Jeff's slight southern tang added a different kind of charm, often pushing at his brother with a soft fist over some snarky comments passed between them.

Then, to Charlottes surprise, sat her. Smack in the middle of the two brothers who had insisted she not sit on the end and be more comfortable. She felt tiny between the men but they eased her with their reassuring looks and questions. Plus, y'know, the alcohol helped too. But mostly it's the group of people she finds herself surrounded by that's really got her at ease. How friendly they are. Caring in a way Charlotte hasn't really experienced in some time. More adult, maybe, and it's something she really likes. She means, she loves her friends at MGU and wouldn't trade them for the world, but this is nice too.

Then sat Robert. His arm on the upper of the booth near her shoulders and subtly making her feel that much better. Nothing touching between them besides the occasional accidental grazing. It's crazy how much him and Jeffrey are related. Like truly. Some siblings only share resemblance through blood line, but then there's these two. Much like Charlotte and Molly, they share some facial expressions that make Charlotte shake her head at the similarity, so bizarre the world of sibling-hood. Some phrases too, it's all so familiar and friendly. A true brotherly love in the comments tossed between them.

Jeffrey speaks easily with an air of content, motioning between herself and Robert to her right. "So how abouts do you guys know each other?"

And Charlotte pinches her brows, uncertain how to respond to that question. Her and a Robert hadn't really talked beyond them just being friends. She means, they can't really say she's his student because, well, it's just a lead in on what's really going on. Like outing themselves--