Chapter 49

"OMG, dad! That's embaressing!" I exclaimed not wanting to get the talk from him.

"I was just wondering, I wanted to talk to you anyways." my dad said and he gestured me to sit down on his couch.

"Dad, I really really really don't want to have this conversation." I sighed as I covered my face in my hands.

"I only want to talk about you thinking I don't know you're dating Aidan." my dad said as he handed me a glass of water and sat down next to me.

"I'm not dating Aidan, what did Dean tell you?" I exclaimed but he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Skyla, I've known you for almost eight years now. I know when you're lying to me, and I don't like it when you lie to me." my dad said and I bowed my head down in shame.

"I know, and I'm really sorry for lying to you and denying the truth. Can I go now?" I asked and I was about to stand up when my dad grabbed my arm.

"I forgot to ask what you wanted for your birthday, it's already over three days. 20th of February, right?" my dad said and I shortly nodded as I sat down again.

"Yeah, I don't really know what I want. Maybe some stuff for Pike? Jewelry? New clothes?" I said as I raised my shoulders.

"Okay, I'll get you something." my dad replied smiling at me.

"Thank you, can I leave now?" I asked but he shook his head.

"Did Anna ever give you the talk?" he then asked and I just shortly shook my head.

"Whatever you do, do it safe. And just wait until you're older please." my dad said and I sighed and nodded.

"Okay, I get it. Dad, I went to high school I know what everything is." I said and I quickly walked out without even saying goodbye.

I walked into my trailer, and I saw Aidan with his head on the keyboard, he probably fell asleep editing.

"Aidan? Wake up." I said softly but he didn't reply.

I quickly picked up Pike who was laying on the couch, and I put him next to Aidan.

Pike then softly licked Aidan's cheek, and he immediately shot up.

"Goodmorning." I said sarcastically followed by a yawn.

"What was the conversation with your dad about?" he then asked as he walked to the fridge and grabbed some of our special water.

(Special water is what I call it it's amazing, 2 litres of water with half a cucumber 10 mint leaves and one lemon, you should totally try it.)

"What I wanted for my birthday." I said as I walked to our bedroom and opened the closet.

"You never told me when your birthday is." he then said in disbelief.

"20th of february, it's the 17th today!" I yelled while I searched for my oversized shirts.

"Okay, I'll go shopping for a present as soon as possible then." Aidan said and I grabbed one of his shirts and put it on.

I only had my underwear, and the shirt on when I walked back to the living room.

"I'm gonna go to bed, have you finished editing yet?" I asked as I looked at him behind his phone.

"Yeah, and if you're gonna go to bed I'll go too." Aidan said and he walked to the bathroom.

I decided to quickly brush my teeth, and make a messy bun in my hair.

"Hey beautiful." Aidan said as he slid his hands by my waist and planted a small kiss in my neck.

"Hey." I replied shortly and I walked to the bedroom so you could claim the left side of the bed.

I laid down under the covers, and I heard a small bark coming from the living room.

"C'mon Pikey, come here." I said and Pike ran to the bedroom and jumped on the bed next to me.

"You can sleep with us tonight." I said and I saw Aidan coming from the bathroom.

"Is Pike gonna sleep in our bed? With us?" Aidan asked as he slowly got in and placed one arm around me.

"Yeah, he doesn't have any place to sleep. Do you mind about it?" I asked but Aidan quickly kissed my forehead and he petted Pike's head.

"Maybe we could make him like a small bed, only so he doesn't have to sleep here." Aidan said and I nodded as I stepped out of bed.

I grabbed a fleece blanket, and I put it on the chair in our room. I then picked up Pike, and I put him on the blanket.

He immediately rolled himself into the blanket, making me smile lightly.

"Done." I said shortly and I got into the bed again.

"Goodnight Skyla." Aidan said and he pulled me close against him.

"Goodnight Aidan." I said and I slowly kissed his cheek.

I closed my eyes, and I tried to fall asleep.

I heard a few knocks on the door, but I was way too tired to actually talk or move.

I then felt that Aidan got out of the bed, and he walked to the door.

"Hey, I was wondering if you already have a gift for Skyla?" I heard Dean asked followed by something sitting on the bed.

"I have something in mind, but I'm not sure because of Lee..." I heard Aidan say and I couldn't really help but smile.

"Are you gonna propose?" Dean asked jokingly and I heard Aidan chuckle.

"No, of course not. But I wanna give her something she'll remember forever." Aidan said and I put my pillow on my head so I wouldn't hear what they were saying.

"I get that, I'm gonna go. Good luck, and goodnight." Dean said and I heard the door close.

I then felt Aidan laying down next to me again, and I put my arms around him.

"I love you so much." he sighed and he kissed my forehead.

I didn't react to him, but he didn't really seem to mind.

We then both dozed off into a great night of sleep.