Not An Option #4

"Woke up this morning found a letter that she wrote. She says she's tired that I'm always on the road to hard to swallow being alone. She needs someone at night that she can hold. She must have told me a thousand times or more silent cries I use to ignore..."

                                                                                          -Anthony Hamilton-

Akimed

I drove down the high way and glanced at my watch . I was late as ever I had to be at work in five minutes. My job was at a bank downtown. My boss was already was always on me about every little thing I knew he would throw a fit about this one.

"Your late son" he said as soon as I walked through the door.

"I'm sorry sir" I said "Something came up and I just couldn't make it here fast enough".

"Oh really something came up? Well next time your late maybe me firing you will just come up. Mr. Smith your one of my best workers here I would hate to have to do such a thing. It would be a major loss to this company. But I can't and I will not tolerate slacking" he stated firmly.

"I understand sir" I replied.

"Your dismissed" he said looking away and proceeding with whatever he was doing.

I made my way to my office putting all of my stuff away and setting up for the day. I checked my computer seeing that I would be working late today. I had over twenty emails to answer and  five accounts to work on.

This morning I had gotten so caught up with making breakfast and talking to senoj I don't know where time went. I looked up from my desk seeing that my best friend Danny had decided to barge in.

"Hey man" he said setting in one of the two chairs that set in front of my desk.

"Wassup" I replied keeping my eyes on my computer screen.

"We still on for basket ball Tuesday?" he asked.

"You came all the way over here just to ask me that? You could have said that in a txt" I said glancing at him.  

"I know but I was bored. I didn't have much to do today" he replied.

I sighed getting annoyed "Well I have loads of work and yeah where still on for Tuesday but you better be at bible study on Wednesday you been slackin". 

He nodded his head standing up "I'm not playing Danny there's no reason that your wife should come to church but you don't. You guy's are suppose to be one" I ranted to him.

"I know" he said scratching his head.

"Ight well be there" I said.

He soon left and I continued with my work hopping to have no more interruptions.

************

Senoj

I sat on the couch in the empty quiet house. I silently thanked God for letting me rest.

At breakfeast this morning Akimed insisted that I stay until I was able to get back on my feet. I thanked him kindly but said no.

He didn't take that answer but gave me the whole run down of why I needed to stay. I finally gave in and took him up on his offer.

He left in a hurry with only a quick goodbye.

Now I was just here. Sitting. Waiting. For what I dont know.

I'm not a fan of watching t.v so much. I made my way to the guest room took retrieve a cover.

Going back down stairs I snuggled into the middle of the couch. Closing my eyes and losing myself in sleep.

*****

"Yo who is that?" I could hear someone ask in my sleep.

I began to wake up but kept my eyes closed.

"That's a friend of mine. She's staying with me for a while" Akimed's voice echoed through  the house.

'' Do moma know?" the other voice asked.

"Nah and she doesn't need to yet" he replied. I seat there for a while just listening in on there conversation. They didn't talk about much but work and going to church.

I finally sat up on the couch rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I looked over at the other couch to see there eyes starring back at me.

I cleared my throat sitting back and sinking into the seat.

"Senoj this is my friend Danny, Danny this is my friend Senoj" he introduced us.

I gave the man a friendly smile and wave.

"So I think I'm gonna head out" Danny said standing to his feet. Akimed also stood glancing at me and walking Danny to the door.

"I'll see you later" he Danny said over his shoulder.

"Alright"  I waved as if he could actually see me. 

I stood up retrieving my cover and heading up stairs. I was close to my room when my name was called.

"Huh" I turned around coming face to face with Akimed.

"I was heading to the store do you need anything" he asked.

I gave him a short list of the little things I needed and told him I'd pay him back.

"Don't worry about it I just want to help you. I don't need money back this is from my heart so it's free" he said.

"Thank you" I said with a smile.

He nodded his head beginning to walk away but then stopping in his tracks.

"Oh yeah I have my old car just sitting in the garage. If you need it tomorrow you can use it to go job hunting. You don't need to just be sitting around here all day" he said.

"It's okay I can catch the bus" I stated.'

"It's not an option" he said and with that he was gone.

VOTE/COMMENT

~REES~