Chapter 3: Are You Always This Hot?

Chapter III: Are You Always This Hot?

"Now I want you Carly to take pictures during the football game tomorrow. While you Naomi take some during the pep rally." The yearbook teacher said while handing us our black Nikon cameras.
I just smiled to myself while putting it in my backpack. I love being in yearbook especially since I have it with Naomi and especially since it's the last class of the day.

Naomi and I walked out of the classroom, then I saw Drew and Connor talking to each other by Drew's locker. They probably just got through with lacrosse practice.

"I thought that lacrosse season doesn't start until spring." Naomi said while looking at them confused.

"They have games still. It's on the weekends." I said while grabbing my phone out from my back pocket of my white skinny jeans.

"Oh okay, hey your brother is having his party this Saturday right?" She asked me while we walked up to her locker.

"Um yeah, but you can't go. James will be there." I said while giving her a pointed look.

James is a very good friend of my brother. He hooked up with Naomi during a party that Marcus had. And instead of the boy walking out on the girl the next morning, it was the girl that walked out. Naomi said that she was scared of James. And she had too much to drink. Also, that he was too aggressive, not going into full detail about that, but she got scared that he got her pregnant, after a pregnancy test, she can relax because it came out negative.

Now James keeps wanting to see her again. Marcus tells me and he told me sometimes when he sleeps over at my house.

"Urgh why does that piece of shit have to ruin the fun?" Naomi asked while slamming her locker shut.
This made Connor and Drew look over at us. Drew had a worried look and he was looking at me.

It didn't really bother me much, but then he started to walk over to me and Naomi. That's just perfect.

"I'm sorry Naomi." I said while rubbing her arm in hopes that it would comfort the poor thing.

"It's not your fault Carly. You're only helping me. I'll text you later." She said while smiling at Drew and walking away from us.

"Hey, can I walk you to your car?" He asked while flashing me his award winning smile.

"Yeah okay sure." I said while he held the door for me.

While we were walking in the parking lot, Drew cleared his throat.

"Since your brother's party is on Saturday night, I was wondering if you would want to go to Chipotle." He said while smirking at me once we got up to my Kia Altima.

"Yes! I love Chipotle. It's life you know." I said while opening my car door and grinning at him.

"Well okay then, I'll text you about it tomorrow." He said while stuffing his hands in his front jean pockets and walking away.

♕|♕|♕|♕

I made myself a four cheese hot pocket, and while I was waiting for it to be done cooking in the microwave I heard footsteps.

"Are you always this hot?" James asked me while sitting his ass on the kitchen island.

"Uh I guess?" I awkwardly said while taking my hot pocket out then taking a slow bite from it.

"You know, maybe we can hook up sometime yea?" He asked while raising his chin up at me.

Before I could reply to his creepy question or statement, Marcus walks in while glaring at James and grabbing my elbow while pulling me somewhat behind him. I rolled my eyes at how overprotective he is just from one obnoxious comment from the obnoxious James. But I just obliged anyways.

"My little sister isn't hooking up with you, got it? She's off limits." Marcus said sternly while looking straight at James.

It feels like a stare down, and I'm just that awkward person that has no flipping clue on what the hell is going on so the best option would be to stay quiet and nod.

"Okay bro, Lukens little sister, off limits. I'll be sure to pass the message at school tomorrow before your party on Saturday." He said while grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

Once he walked out, I glared at Marcus which he returned with an eye roll and a scoff while grabbing a poptart from the pantry.

"Don't you look at me like that Carly Noelle. I'm your big brother, and it's my job to always protect you from my friends. So you better get used to it, because I'm not going to stop." He said while taking a bite from his poptart and walking out of the kitchen.

I then threw away my garbage and then walked out and walked through the living room and up the stairs and then walked into my bedroom and shut the door, to hopefully keep creepy James from getting into my room.

My phone then started to ring, and I walked over to it on my desk and picked it up and answered.

"Hey is it a bad time?" Drew asked sounding kinda worried.

"Um no, my brother's creepy frat friend well brother is here. I think he's sleeping over." I said while sitting on my computer chair.

"Well that's not a nice thing to call him by." He said while letting out a chuckle, which sounds.... Hot?

"He is what he is. He asked me if I'm always this hot." I said while biting my lip and looking out my window.

"Oh, he's clearly wrong. You're always beautiful not hot." He said truthfully through the phone.
This made me blush. I haven't been called beautiful from a guy in so long that's it been too long.

I don't know why he would compliment me like that, I hardly know the guy. And besides he probably called his many girlfriends that before he dumped them and never talked to them again.

"Anyways what are you doing?" I asked while picking a color of nail polish to use to paint my toes with.

"I'm just getting some Taco Bell for me, myself, and I." He said with a chuckle then I heard some chick call a number through the phone.

"And that's my order, I'll text you later." He said.

"Alright." I said while hanging up and then started to get ready to take my shower.

♕|♕|♕|♕

"Seriously you're the best cook ever Mrs. Lukens." James said while wiping his mouth.

"Well why thank you James. I try." My mom said while sipping her glass of water.

We currently are eating baked salmon covered in jalapeño peppers. My mom likes to play chef in the kitchen and try new dishes. They sometimes are good. And I mean sometimes.

Then the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" I shouted while fast walking out of the dining room, and towards thw front door.

My eyes widened in shock at who was at the front door. The question that is on my mind is how the hell does this person know where I live?

"Who is it Carly?" Of course Marcus would ask while walking up to me and looking at the surprise guest.

"Hello I'm Drew Rollings." Drew said while shaking Marcus' hand.

"How did you find my house?" I asked while crossing my arms over my chest and looking at him.

"Um, my sister, she told me that she knows Marcus. Her name is Kylie Rollings." He said while looking at Marcus who's eyes widened.

"Y-you're... Ky's younger brother?" He asked with shock in his voice.

"Uh yeah. She says hi by the way." Drew said while giving him a small smile.

What the hell is going on here?