Chapter Seventy-Six: Battle of Gods

Kami rushed Sumin, shifting grips between his fingers as he pressured her with jabs and swipes alike.

"I'm just as fast as you now!" Sumin taunted. "You're no more than a minor inconvenience to me without your allele."

The assassin flipped his knife into the air, pulling Sumin's eyes to the twirling blade. He swept the hierarch off her feet, snatching his dagger before driving it into her skull.

"Do you really intend on killing her too?" Sumin asked.

Kami blinked backward, dodging a flurry of lightning strikes. His eyes bounced between Yeeun's motionless body, and Sumin, "You and I both know that wouldn't kill her."

Sumin clicked her tongue, "You're smarter than I thought you'd be. I guess losing your memory isn't enough. Fine. I'll just reconnect the link after I've killed you."

"If you can kill me," Kami retorted.

The assassin leapt into the air, evading a flurry of ground spikes. He slipped in and out of shadows, dancing around the room while Sumin summoned a variety elements.

"How can you run after saying all that?" Sumin scoffed.

Kami sprang from Sumin's shadow, kicking her knees in. He reappeared behind Yeeun, shaking his head, "You've already lost if you're asking that."

Almost...

Thick vines the width of trees sprouted from the ground, reaching for Kami. Before they could make contact, the assassin waved the two stalks away.

Sumin snapped her fingers, flinging two lightning bolts toward Kami. As he darted around the throne room, the bolts arced off one another, changing their trajectories to follow Kami.

Just a little more.

Slowly, the lightning bolts closed in on Kami, prompting him to throw a two soul coins behind him. The disks transformed into vestiges of the hierarch's guards--each tanking a lightning bolt.

From the original lightning bolts, two more sprouted, resuming their pursuit.

"You can't dodge this!!" Sumin shouted.

Kami skidded to a stop, throwing a handful of soul coins at Sumin's feet. He drew his dagger--his face calm in the face of Sumin's wide grin. At the snap of her fingers, the lightning bolts changed to water and ice respectively. Both projectiles clashed simultaneously, freezing everything it came in contact with.

"I think it'll help to know that I can directly attack the soul as well," Kami commented.

Sumin whisked her head around, meeting Kami's glowing gaze, "How-"

Kami thrusted his fist into the woman's stomach, following with a flurry of blows. With each hit that connected, a piece of the hierarch's soul separated from Sumin's body. Alongside chipping at the hierarch's control, his punches necrotized her skin, spreading a grayish-green color.

"You little-"

Condensed sparks numbering in the dozens surrounded Sumin, prompting Kami to sink into the floor. Each spark exploded with power rivaling the chromatic trio's combination attack, shaking the castle's interior.

"I know something like that wouldn't kill you!" Sumin bellowed. She punched the ground, cratering the terrazzo flooring.

Kami teleported behind Sumin once more, driving his foot into her side, "You'd be right."

The assassin teleported continuously, leaving a faint luminous swirl of crimson where his eyes trailed. Behind her, above her, below her, Kami punched, kicked and sliced into Sumin's skin.