Unspoken Reminiscences.

At Selena's

Selena sat cross-legged on her plush New York apartment couch, engrossed in a glossy fashion magazine. Her friend Raquelle reclined nearby, tapping away on her phone, while her younger sister Gracie sprawled out on the floor, doodling in a notebook. The familiar setting provided a comforting backdrop for the conversation that was about to unfold.

Setting the magazine down on her lap, Selena cleared her throat, capturing her friends' attention. "So, guys, I had a therapy session today."

Raquelle looked up from her phone, raising an eyebrow. "Therapy? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I mean, not really," Selena admitted, fidgeting with the corner of the magazine. "My therapist thinks I should take a break, you know, to recharge and stuff."

Gracie perked up, sitting cross-legged on the floor. "Like a vacation?"

Selena nodded. "Exactly. She's been telling me for a while, but I guess I didn't really take it seriously."

Raquelle smirked. "Typical Selena."

"But she's right," Gracie chimed in. "You work so hard, Sis. You deserve a break."

Selena sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I know, it's just... there's always so much to do."

Raquelle closed her phone, leaning forward with a knowing look. "That's why you need to step away. You've been juggling work, projects, and everything else. It's time to take care of yourself."

Gracie's eyes twinkled with mischief. "And New York is amazing in the summer. We could do so many fun things."

Selena chuckled, looking at her sister fondly. "You always know how to cheer me up."

Gracie beamed. "So, where should we go?"

Selena's gaze wandered to the window, lost in thought for a moment. "You know, Italy has always been on my list. The history, the culture... it's so intriguing."

Raquelle smirked. "Sounds like a plan."

Selena smiled, her heart feeling lighter than it had in a while. Maybe a vacation was just what she needed. "Alright, Italy it is."

**Flashback 2005**

The anticipation in the air was palpable as Barney stood outside the audition room, his heart pounding in his chest. Selena stood by his side, a beacon of support in his moment of nervousness. She grinned at him, playfully nudging his arm. "You've got this, Barney!"

He let out a shaky breath, his smile mirroring Selena's enthusiasm. He had always appreciated her ability to bring out the best in him, even in the most daunting situations. "Thanks, Sel."
Then came the pivotal moment. The auditioneer's voice rang out, proclaiming a name – Y/N. It was a revelation, an introduction to a name Selena had never before known. Barney, who had been her cheerful companion, was now Y/N. He glanced at Selena, who winked at him. "Go show them what you've got, Barney!"

With newfound determination, Y/N entered the audition room, his focus on the opportunity that lay ahead. The audition went by in a blur – lines delivered, emotions portrayed, and an intense desire to impress. As he walked out, he couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and uncertainty.

Selena greeted him with an encouraging smile, her eyes filled with anticipation. "So, Y/N, how was the audition?"

Y/N chuckled, realizing that she had finally learned his name. He teased her, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, so you've finally taken an interest in my name, huh?"